+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help Required about medicines to carry 1st landing

GamerBird

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Hi friends... i m travelling on 24th but got uti yesterday... doctor gave tablets for 3 months...
Should I inform CIC about this as change in health?
Is it ok to carry the medicines with me?
Could someone please advise what to do, I m confused if I can travel or postpone the travel...

manboarpig

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
Canadian Resident
permit a Canadians returning from abroad to bring with them on their person a single course of treatment or a 90-day supply based on the directions for use, whichever is less, of a prescription drug...
See Personal Use Importations under 6.0 Human Drugs in Guidance Document on the Import Requirements for Health Products under the Food and Drugs Act and its Regulations (GUI-0084) - Canada.ca
Also look up your medicine to see what it's classified as - Drug Product Database online query

Reactions: GamerBird

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
No reason to inform CIC. UTI does not affect admissibility or public safety.

GamerBird

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Thank you for the reply... so is it ok to carry the tablets with me?
Does this affect OHIP by any means?
Will they reject OHIP for me?

because I am travelling for the first time and I want to be on a safer side... this might be silly but these are the doubts that I have...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you for the reply... so is it ok to carry the tablets with me?
Does this affect OHIP by any means?
Will they reject OHIP for me?

because I am travelling for the first time and I want to be on a safer side... this might be silly but these are the doubts that I have...
If you are carrying prescription medication, ensure that it's documented and you can only carry a certain number of days dosage. I think it's 90 days, but you should check. If it's antibiotics, it's extremely unlikely that you would have any problems. Pain medication could be a different matter.
No effect on OHIP eligibility.

GamerBird

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
f you are carrying prescription medication, ensure that it's documented and you can only carry a certain number of days dosage. I think it's 90 days, but you should check. If it's antibiotics, it's extremely unlikely that you would have any problems. Pain medication could be a different matter.
No effect on OHIP eligibility.
Thank you... It is a prescription medication... its antibiotics... I have the prescription from the doctor... may I know what other documents are needed if any? Should the prescription be in any format or something?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you... It is a prescription medication... its antibiotics... I have the prescription from the doctor... may I know what other documents are needed if any? Should the prescription be in any format or something?
As long as the packaging is commercial and clearly identifying, that may be sufficient. If you have the prescription and/or receipt, that would be a good thing also.