+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent! Help regarding visitor visa extension Medical Examination!

drsumkam

Sep 27, 2019
I am requesting advise from all respected member that my mother is here on visiting visa and she applied for extension after 6 month stay. She received request to go for medical and she is going back and forth to medical since three months .She visited 3 times same physician and did different testing/investigation.
Just two week before I contacted citizen ship and immigration and talked regarding my mother and just come to know that my mother medical was not updating in her file and her visitor visa status has been expired. I told her that she visited 3 times for medical with same physician and paid fees each time. Citizenship and immigration told me that we cannot do anything until your mother status will restore because your extension application has been closed.

I applied for my mother restoration and paid fees ($200) and waiting response from Citizenship and immigration Department.

Now I received call from respiratory consultant and he booked my mother appointment for coming Tuesday and he told me may be my mother further goes for CT scan and advise me to bring $250 cash and if they decide for CT scan it will cost in 1000’s.

I already spend around $1000 for medical examination (3 visit plus investigation)

My mother coming and going to Canada since 2016 and always left Canada less than 6 months and never visit doctor and never hospitalize in Canada, Thanks God this shows my mother is healthy person, but she is 78 years old and every six month she have to visit her family Doctor for my regular checkup which is already due and her Diabetic and blood pressure medicine is almost finished.

Her visit visa valid is up to 2024 with multiple entries.

I am looking advice from all respected members that I want to send back my mother to Pakistan

To visit her family Doctor for my regular checkup, and in summer I have plan to bring back

How can I request to citizenship and immigration to stop this endless medical examination (doing from 3 months) and allow her short visit in Canada.

Thanks to all in advance!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Are you sure you are actually using a panel physician as this sounds way over the top just for a visitor extension plus fact that was no update to IRCC and 3 visits to the same physician plus now respiratory consultant with cash ? Personally I would expect any immigration medical to be a simple assessment for IRCC to make a yes or no decision and not some extensive follow up investigations.

drsumkam

Sep 27, 2019
Are you sure you are actually using a panel physician as this sounds way over the top just for a visitor extension plus fact that was no update to IRCC and 3 visits to the same physician plus now respiratory consultant with cash ? Personally I would expect any immigration medical to be a simple assessment for IRCC to make a yes or no decision and not some extensive follow up investigations.
Yes I select physician from citizenship panel physician list.
My thinking was same that for visit visa extension medical is no thing, but what kind of circumstance I am facing I will never apply for visit visa extension, just praying easily pass out my mother to this medical process and return back her country and next time come for visit without any problem from immigration department.

Any advice / option will appreciate for my mother