+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help - Regarding TRV extension

Sapphire Blue

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Hi

I wanted to clarify another thing before submitting my form.

I am asking for more than 6 months stay.
Will I need to give a medical exam because for more than 6 months?

Also, when I was filling out the eligibility questionnaire , i was asked if in the past 12 months I have given a medical exam with IRCC. If I say NO , then I am not asked for medical exam

If I say YES ( I gave my medical for PR which is in process) then they ask me to give medical exam.

Please advise if I should answer YES or NO for medical. And why am I asked for medical if I say YES.Thank you
In my opinion I don't think it's wise to ask for more than 6 months. Maybe someone else on the forum can attest to this as well. But 6 months is usually the time given to most ppl and if you need to extend again you can.

Reactions: Meg106

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

I wanted to clarify another thing before submitting my form.

I am asking for more than 6 months stay.
Will I need to give a medical exam because for more than 6 months?

Also, when I was filling out the eligibility questionnaire , i was asked if in the past 12 months I have given a medical exam with IRCC. If I say NO , then I am not asked for medical exam

If I say YES ( I gave my medical for PR which is in process) then they ask me to give medical exam.

Please advise if I should answer YES or NO for medical. And why am I asked for medical if I say YES.Thank you
Hi

As you completed a medical, you can answer Yes and include the receipt from the medical that you did.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
In my opinion I don't think it's wise to ask for more than 6 months. Maybe someone else on the forum can attest to this as well. But 6 months is usually the time given to most ppl and if you need to extend again you can.
It's fine to ask for longer when a sponsorship app is in process. We generally advise to ask for a year. As long as proof of the PR app and proof of funds is submitted, there should be no issue.

Meg106

Star Member
May 18, 2018
It's fine to ask for longer when a sponsorship app is in process. We generally advise to ask for a year. As long as proof of the PR app and proof of funds is submitted, there should be no issue.
Hi
Thanks for your response.
As for the Medical , I will say YES and add the medical test result where it asks me for a medical test (in the documents section)