+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help: PR card missing just before test

Imsaurav

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Hello,

My test is tomorrow August 24, 2018. While arranging my document I realized my PR card is missing. I moved to a new place last month. It is appearing PR card has been misplaced somewhere. What are my option now? I have motorized copy of my PR card will that help me to seat for the exam? Should I file a police report? Your valuable opinion will be appreciated. Thanks

Aug 23, 2018
Dear Immigration members,

I have the following inquiry, I am PR holder which is valid until 2021 but my Canadian travel (CT)expired on July 5, 2018 and I want to travel to UK to attend a residency program organized by the online U o Liverpool, UK in coming Oct. 2018. In order to get an invitation letter from UoL admin section I need to have a valid CT. I couldn't find a CT renewal specific format in the site ( where to find it) rather there was a general CT format and it doesn't mention "renewal tick post" in any part of it.
Second question, I was wondering since my expired CT has many blank pages would it possible to put a renewal stamp ( as it is cost effective and environmentally friendly) rather getting a new one with more expenses?
Thank you and I will expecting you kind and earlier feedback.
Cheers!
Abdullahi Ibrahim A.
Edmonton, AB

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Hello,

My test is tomorrow August 24, 2018. While arranging my document I realized my PR card is missing. I moved to a new place last month. It is appearing PR card has been misplaced somewhere. What are my option now? I have motorized copy of my PR card will that help me to seat for the exam? Should I file a police report? Your valuable opinion will be appreciated. Thanks
Refer section"Applicant reports PR card lost or stolen" from below link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/revocation-permanent-resident-cards-upon-granting.html

getmyccasap

Aug 1, 2018
Hello,

It's not too late to file a police report online and keep the report they send you with you.