+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help please - what to do if I put wrong info for IMM5713 Family Member Form??

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Hi All,

I need urgent help; if someone could help me on this with their past experience.

Actually my wife is a main principal applicant & by mistakenly she had put wrong info for the Family Member Representative for Online applications IMM5713 form. We just came to know that under section A: we need to put my wife's info as she'll be as a represenatative for family member. But unfortunately, on all forms we have just put a family member info instead of my wife's info. As this account will be link to my wife's profile.

So please advise - 1.) if there is any way I can contact to CIC & can request them to change the info? I can't have any option to re-upload any document.

2.) Is it safe to contact to CIC and asking how to make a change?
3.) Will it be put a negative impact to our file?
4.) What will be our best option ?

Thanks in advance.

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
1.) if there is any way I can contact to CIC & can request them to change the info? I can't have any option to re-upload any document.

1. Did you apply online or through VAC ?
If online , submit a case based enquiry through the web form and attach the correct form.
If through VAC take the form to them and they know how to send it.
2. Completely safe.
3. No negative impact
4. Refer to answer (1) above.
Before, I submitted a form without signature and I attached through the web form and got the visa.
They emailed me after getting the visa telling me that they checked the form and it was forwarded to the concerned department.
Use this form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
1. Did you apply online or through VAC ?
If online , submit a case based enquiry through the web form and attach the correct form.
If through VAC take the form to them and they know how to send it.
2. Completely safe.
3. No negative impact
4. Refer to answer (1) above.
Before, I submitted a form without signature and I attached through the web form and got the visa.
They emailed me after getting the visa telling me that they checked the form and it was forwarded to the concerned department.
Use this form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
My wife did apply "ONLINE" application for her study permit within Canada. So I guess we can just use the link you provided & need to fill up info for web form & need to update the correct form.. So 1 main question is - we are in Canada only, so still this is the link we can use to update the info -> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp , correct?

Thanks in advance..

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
we are in Canada only, so still this is the link we can use to update the info ->
Yes , it is valid no matter where you are applying from, make sure to explain that you are sending the correct form, in the end you will have the option to attach the document.

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Yes , it is valid no matter where you are applying from, make sure to explain that you are sending the correct form, in the end you will have the option to attach the document.
Really appreciate your help.. Thanks so much.

There is 1 column asking for to put "Application Number"; I guess as I applied before 8-10 hours ago it's not generated. Because when I went to myCIC account; not seeing the Application number - I mean showing as a blank..

1.) Also when I'm going in web form, I'm not seeing any form which says Study permit.. Can you please review the form for me & advise what option should I select for my application? (just FYI - we did apply for my wife's study permit & based on that applied for my dependent work permit)

2.) Also for under "your inquiry" column - we could say that we need to provide updated family member application form - IMM5713 ..OR need to provide more & specific information on this - like we bymistakely upload wrong form blah blah n at last ll say please find attached updated form.. like something this?? - please share your thoughts..

Thanks

vishank

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Hi All,

I need urgent help; if someone could help me on this with their past experience.

Actually my wife is a main principal applicant & by mistakenly she had put wrong info for the Family Member Representative for Online applications IMM5713 form. We just came to know that under section A: we need to put my wife's info as she'll be as a represenatative for family member. But unfortunately, on all forms we have just put a family member info instead of my wife's info. As this account will be link to my wife's profile.

So please advise - 1.) if there is any way I can contact to CIC & can request them to change the info? I can't have any option to re-upload any document.

Thanks in advance.
you can call on the helpline no or mail them and it won't lead a bad impact if you justified.

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
There is 1 column asking for to put "Application Number"; I guess as I applied before 8-10 hours ago it's not generated. Because when I went to myCIC account; not seeing the Application number - I mean showing as a blank..
When I submitted my form , there was no application number. There is no " * " next to UCI and Application number so they are not mandatory.

Also when I'm going in web form, I'm not seeing any form which says Study permit.. Can you please review the form for me & advise what option should I select for my application? (just FYI - we did apply for my wife's study permit & based on that applied for my dependent work permit)
on the first page before you are referred to the web form , you will see this:
I want to:
  • ask about an application that has taken longer than the normal processing times
  • update or give more information about an application
  • report a technical problem
Just hit : Tell us more
Then you will see this:
Have you submitted an application for:
  • permanent residence
  • student
  • visitor
  • worker
Yes
No
Choose "Yes"
Then you will see:
Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?
Yes
No
Choose "No"
then hit: Go to Web form
Also when I'm going in web form, I'm not seeing any form which says Study permit..
in the Enquiry choose:
Replacements documents , Amendments to documents and verification of status documents.
Fill in the mandatory information and then hit "Next" , you will be prompted to attach the form.

we could say that we need to provide updated family member application form - IMM5713 ..OR need to provide more & specific information on this - like we bymistakely upload wrong form blah blah n at last ll say please find attached updated form.. like something this?? -
Just say an Amendment to IMM5713 form.

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
When I submitted my form , there was no application number. There is no " * " next to UCI and Application number so they are not mandatory.

I want to:
  • ask about an application that has taken longer than the normal processing times
Then you will see this:
  • permanent residence
  • student
  • visitor
  • worker
Yes
No
Choose "Yes"
Then you will see:
Yes
No
Choose "No"

in the Enquiry choose:
Replacements documents , Amendments to documents and verification of status documents.
Fill in the mandatory information and then hit "Next" , you will be prompted to attach the form.

Perfect.. Thanks so much for your prompt response. I'll do so.. Thanks once again..

Reactions: UBC 2017

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015

I want to:
Then you will see this:
  • permanent residence
  • student
  • visitor
  • worker
Yes
No
Choose "Yes"
Then you will see:
Yes
No
Choose "No"

in the Enquiry choose:

Hey, I've already submitted a IRCC Web Form as per you suggested.. I got below attached email from CE CSC Do Not Reply. Please see red highlighted text - which is related to what I did submit a IRCC form. So do I need to do anything further - any suggestion? Seems like it's a generic email but not too sure. How about your case - once you submitted a IRCC form, did you do anything else? OR did IRCC sent you an acknowledge email like we received your updated change or something?

Because in IMM5218 form which they are saying it's showing as a long list & I'm a bit confused. If you can review & share your thought that would be great. Also I'll try to call CIC Contact Centre tomorrow.

In order to help us better serve you, please follow the below guidelines to ensure your query goes to the right department to ensure we respond as quickly as possible:

Replacement of Document

If your enquiry is regarding replacing a valid temporary resident document (i.e.: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, and/or Temporary Resident Permit), a Confirmation of Permanent Residence, or a Record of Landing, please visit the IRCC Website for the concerned form to complete. All instructions can easily be found within the kit, specifically the Instruction Guide IMM 5545.

Amendment of Document

If your enquiry is regarding correcting an error, therefore requiring an amendment, on a valid temporary resident document (i.e.: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, and/or Temporary Resident Permit), a Confirmation of Permanent Residence, or a Record of Landing, please visit the IRCC Website for the concerned form to complete. All instructions can easily be found within the kit, specifically the Instruction Guide IMM 5218.

Case Status

If your enquiry is regarding a case status which has not yet been answered via other channels, please write back to us using the IRCC Web form and choose one of the following options:

· Temporary Residence (applied online) or Temporary Residence (applied by Mail) located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry for any temporary residence application (i.e.: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, and/or Temporary Resident Permit).

· Permanent residence (applied by mail) or Permanent residence (applied online) located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry for a permanent residence application under an economic stream (i.e.: Provincial Nominee, Skilled Worker, Caregiver, etc.).

We thank you for your understanding and patience as we seek to provide existing and future Canadians with the best client service.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
So do I need to do anything further - any suggestion? Seems like it's a generic email but not too sure. How about your case - once you submitted a IRCC form, did you do anything else? OR did IRCC sent you an acknowledge email like we received your updated change or something?
I received a different version of email , all these emails are generic and I don't think you need to do something further. However , since you are in Canada, it's easy for you to call and double check to be on the safe side.

Reactions: HDcanada

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
I received a different version of email , all these emails are generic and I don't think you need to do something further. However , since you are in Canada, it's easy for you to call and double check to be on the safe side.
Really thanks so much. I got today approval of my application. Also last week I've called CIC & they confirmed that they got updated form from IRCC web form too.

Thanks for all your help. Really appreciated it.

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
Really thanks so much. I got today approval of my application. Also last week I've called CIC & they confirmed that they got updated form from IRCC web form too.

Thanks for all your help. Really appreciated it.
Congrats:D
I am very glad that things went well for you ;)

Reactions: nanjingchj

madanipyla

May 29, 2020
Hello all,

I made a mistake in IMM5710 for PGWP application, details are : have you previously applied to enter or remain in canada? Answer has to be YES and need to explain about the previous study permits and extensions as well, but unfortunately i kept it as NO.
and i submitted my application yesterday 05-28-2020, what's the best step in this case as i am worried a lot! please help me out with your valuable comments.
thank you in advance!

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Hello all,

I made a mistake in IMM5710 for PGWP application, details are : have you previously applied to enter or remain in canada? Answer has to be YES and need to explain about the previous study permits and extensions as well, but unfortunately i kept it as NO.
and i submitted my application yesterday 05-28-2020, what's the best step in this case as i am worried a lot! please help me out with your valuable comments.
thank you in advance!
I just saw your message. Hoping you already figured it out. If not then I would say just raise and submit your request by IRCC Web Form just for a safer side. To my knowledge, with this one question it will not create any problem to your PGWP application but just safer side, mention it via IRCC Web Form

cam_meh

Dec 21, 2020
Hi all,

I am n big trouble. please help me urgently. I have only 26 days left to submit my application.
Here is my case:
We just got my wife's dependent work visa and she lives in India.
I just realize that the names of my wife's parents have been interchanged by mistake in the family info form in her work visa application.
As this is incorrect information, how am I supposed to correct it during my express entry application? Please advise. Thank you so much for any guidance you can give.