+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP PLEASE! Study Visa Rejected. Only one reason?

studentatuvic

Nov 20, 2015
Hello, I recently applied for a student visa and got my passport processed in exactly one week. Yesterday, I got my passport back with a refusal letter with only one reason crossed on the back, which is:

Pursuant to Section 219 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, I am not satisfied that you:
have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

The thing is I was planning to work part-time.

My mother is my sponsor and I have submitted a bank statement for the past six months and a bank confirmation letter, also an affidavit. She has about $60,000 in her bank account and since I'm a transferring student I only have to do 3 years in Canada. The three year tuition + living at uVic for me was about $80,000. Also, I heard that you only need to show your tuition for one year + living expenses for one year + $10k + $3k. I have all that and yet I was rejected. Please please help :(

studentatuvic

Nov 20, 2015
I think I know the reason, it might be because the bank statement shows only about $28,000 CAD while the rest of the funds are in fixed deposits. However, I had attached a bank balance confirmation which clearly states that my mother has $60,000 CAD in her bank account. I think it was a mistake by the VO; he might have only gone through the bank statement disregarding the bank balance confirmation. What should my next step be? Please help.

Xhizor08

Oct 20, 2015
Hey, although i dont think i can help you with your situation but i noticed you are going to University of victoria. I am planning to start from Jan if i can get my visa or defer my admission to May if not. Thought it would be good to stay in contact as we may be in a similar situation

studentatuvic

Nov 20, 2015
Xhizor08 said:
Hey, although i dont think i can help you with your situation but i noticed you are going to University of victoria. I am planning to start from Jan if i can get my visa or defer my admission to May if not. Thought it would be good to stay in contact as we may be in a similar situation
Sure thing, dude. Shoot me a text. I'll inbox my number to you.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you attach her letter that she will financially sponsor you during your study?
if you didn't, I recommend to do (her signature on it).

also, present strong family tie and a letter including your future plan in your country after study, job perspective or a job offer would be good .

if you can prepay your tuition , that would be helpful, but it not, present strong financial proof : if you can find another financial sponsor from your relatives or whoever, that would be another good proof too.

working part-time during the semester would not much help financially though.

Good luck.

studentatuvic

Nov 20, 2015
floomy said:
Did you attach her letter that she will financially sponsor you during your study?
if you didn't, I recommend to do (her signature on it).

also, present strong family tie and a letter including your future plan in your country after study, job perspective or a job offer would be good .

if you can prepay your tuition , that would be helpful, but it not, present strong financial proof : if you can find another financial sponsor from your relatives or whoever, that would be another good proof too.

working part-time during the semester would not much help financially though.

Good luck.
Thanks for the reply. But just to clarify, doesn't the cic website mention that you only need to show 1st year's tuition + living + $10k and $3k? And yes, I did get her to make an affidavit which was notarized.