+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help Please!.. NOTICE OF ASSESSMENT vs TAX RETURN SUMMARY

Smoothini Geelle

Feb 15, 2021
My Sponsor is struggling to find his Notice of Assessment NOA letters to apply it a Group 5 Sponsorship program for me Unfortunately, his CRA Account has been revoked right away, he contacted the CRA and they gave him a one-page letter which is TAX RETURN SUMMARY temporarily instead so, my question is what is the difference between.??.. Could he apply it Group 5 Sponsorship program ??. (both have more similarities)
1-NOTICE OF ASSESSMENT which is 4 pages and...
2-TAX RETURN SUMMARY which is a one-page letter

Your replies would be appreciated more

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My Sponsor is struggling to find his Notice of Assessment NOA letters to apply it a Group 5 Sponsorship program for me Unfortunately, his CRA Account has been revoked right away, he contacted the CRA and they gave him a one-page letter which is TAX RETURN SUMMARY temporarily instead so, my question is what is the difference between.??.. Could he apply it Group 5 Sponsorship program ??. (both have more similarities)
1-NOTICE OF ASSESSMENT which is 4 pages and...
2-TAX RETURN SUMMARY which is a one-page letter

Your replies would be appreciated more
Is the Tax Return Summary called a T1? If so, no. the The sponsor also can include T4 or T5.

An NOA is issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and is the most conclusive document to show your personal income. The following documents are also considered:
  • a copy of your most recent T4 Statement of Remuneration Paid form
  • a copy of your most recent T5 Statement of Investment Income form
  • pension statements that confirm your annual revenue for the last 12 months
  • Employment Insurance pay stubs that confirm revenue obtained under this program within the last 12 months
The following documents are not considered adequate proof of income:
  • T1 General Returns, Forms and Schedules
  • T2 Corporation Income declaration form
  • letters of employment
  • pay stubs
  • investment portfolios
  • letters from a Canadian financial institution attesting to bank account details