+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**URGENT HELP PLEASE** BOWP **LOSING JOB AND STATUS**

senk

Jun 15, 2013
Hi All,

I applied PR under CEC express entry inland application on Sept 15, 2018. Working with TD Bank.
My Post grad open work permit expires on Nov 7, 2018

Quest 1. When should I apply for BOWP to make sure my PR application reach R10 stage when they look at BOWP application?

Quest2. My employer HR asked to provide them with valid SIN and work permit by NOV 7 ( date of expiry of my current post grad open work permit)

PLEASE HELP AND GUIDE PLEASE!!!

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Hi All,

I applied PR under CEC express entry inland application on Sept 15, 2018. Working with TD Bank.

Quest 1. When should I apply for BOWP to make sure my PR application reach R10 stage when they look at BOWP application?

Quest2. My employer HR asked to provide them with valid SIN and work permit by NOV 7 ( date of expiry of my current post grad open work permit)

PLEASE HELP AND GUIDE PLEASE!!!
R10 stage is upto the immigration officer, you can apply for permit they will just not process it until your R10 is complete. So basically you can apply right now.
You can work in Canada under implied status, so when you apply for work permit from the time you submit the application until the outcome of that application. Your SIN have some 90 days buffer after expiry date i think(not 100% sure about that). But regardless, you can work after Nov 7 if you have applied for Bridge Work Permit before that day.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi All,

I applied PR under CEC express entry inland application on Sept 15, 2018. - Just clarifying - you have already received an ITA and submitted your eAPR?

Quest 1. When should I apply for BOWP
Before November 7.

to make sure my PR application reach R10 stage when they look at BOWP application?
If you have already submitted your eAPR, you can apply for the BOWP today. There is no guarantee of when your PR application will pass completeness review (R10), but if you submitted the eAPR on Sept 15, there's a good chance it will be done before Nov 7, but you might not receive the BOWP by then; it is possible, but no guarantees. If the BOWP is not issued by Nov 7, you would still be authorized to work under implied status.

You can continue working under your old SIN when you are authorized to work under implied status. Unfortunately, there is no document to prove you are under implied status, and many employers do not understand what this means. You would have to do your best to inform your employer about implied status and prove that you submitted your BOWP application before your PGWP expired.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

senk

Jun 15, 2013
Thank you guys. My employer HR confirmed that I can continue working under implied status. All I have to do is just let them know when I have applied my Bridge work permit before my current work permit expires. No confirmation required.

Thank you once again