+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP: Passport return times by New Delhi Canadian Consulate

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
Friends, I am requesting everyone on this forum to provide some expert advice on this matter.

I landed on sep 25 but was asked to re send my photos to print the PR card. The new photos reached CIC on nov 18 and they are now saying that the processing time will be counted from the day cic received new photos and I should expect my card by Jan 15...I have to travel on Dec 26 to India and come back on Jan 24..I have decided am thinking whether or not to apply for a travel doc as its taking a month for delhi consulate to issue the travel doc and I am not able to postpone my return trip as I have to travel on Jan 24. Also,if I have to travel thru US, I have to spend a fortune to cancel my current ticket and book a new one.I am hoping that I will receive the pr card by jan 15 and can ask one of my friends to courier it to India. But I am a little concerned that if I apply for travel doc and the passport is stuck with the consulate, I will not be able to travel even if I manage to ship the pr card from Canada.

Does anyone know how long will the consulate take to return the passport incase I withdraw my travel doc application and is the passport return faster if I apply thru VFS instead of me applying directly?

kum1234

May 29, 2013
HI,
please refer my recent post regarding delhi consulate timings....i think minimum it will take one month and maximum may take more than 2 months......