+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help !!! Passport not scanning at the check-in counter SFO airport

kpadm3

Star Member
Feb 5, 2022
Hey everyone. Please help with your input on this issue. My friend wanted to do a soft landing at Toronto so he went to the SFO today about 2 hours ago. The lady at the counter told him that his passport couldn't be scanned by the kiosk and she can OVERRIDE but he wouldn't be allowed back to the USA upon return. Please help with this situation as his COPR is expiring by Feb 9th. Passport issued at the NY post-Indian consulate in 2016.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey everyone. Please help with your input on this issue. My friend wanted to do a soft landing at Toronto so he went to the SFO today about 2 hours ago. The lady at the counter told him that his passport couldn't be scanned by the kiosk and she can OVERRIDE but he wouldn't be allowed back to the USA upon return. Please help with this situation as his COPR is expiring by Feb 9th. Passport issued at the NY post-Indian consulate in 2016.
I would recommend your friend post this to a US immigration forum. This sounds like some sort of US immigration issue and not a Canadiano one since it's the US he may have issues re-entering there. To the best of my knowledge a machine readable passport is a requirement to enter the US however I don't know how strictly this is applied. He should look into getting a new passport and also post this question to a US immigration forum.

Reactions: kpadm3

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
Is this the ticket counter scan? I am sure it was a bad scanner.
Alternatively he could take a flight to Seattle and go to the peach arch border crossing to do a soft landing. This way his passport will be scanned by Canadian Authorities and a different scanner

Reactions: scylla and kpadm3

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is this the ticket counter scan? I am sure it was a bad scanner.
Alternatively he could take a flight to Seattle and go to the peach arch border crossing to do a soft landing. This way his passport will be scanned by Canadian Authorities and a different scanner
It might or it might not be the scanner. My husband had to get his passport replaced for this very reason a couple of years ago (but not because of the US). Your idea of trying a land border crossing is a good one.

Reactions: kpadm3

kpadm3

Star Member
Feb 5, 2022
Yes, it was at the ticket counter. I've told him about the land border crossing, he's getting in touch with his lawyer. And guess what!! Today I got to know that his lawyers were Campbell Cohen Immigration. WOW!!!