+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP NEEDED

Sep 14, 2019
My name is Ayoola kehinde Emmanuel I'm from Nigeria. I fled from my country (Nigeria) because of Family persecution, In 2016 I came to South Africa with my wife and we seek asylum here in south Africa, we had 2 kids, but ever since we came to South Africa we've been leaving in fear, the persecution, illegal arrested and jailing and killing OF FOREIGNERS ESPECIALLY NIGERIANS are of high rate. Xenophobic attacks on Foreign nationals in south africa is very High, the current situation of the nation isn't palatable for foreign to stay in south Africa.. Please I Really need HELP.. How can we apply for refugee in canada.... Please kindly reply

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My name is Ayoola kehinde Emmanuel I'm from Nigeria. I fled from my country (Nigeria) because of Family persecution, In 2016 I came to South Africa with my wife and we seek asylum here in south Africa, we had 2 kids, but ever since we came to South Africa we've been leaving in fear, the persecution, illegal arrested and jailing and killing OF FOREIGNERS ESPECIALLY NIGERIANS are of high rate. Xenophobic attacks on Foreign nationals in south africa is very High, the current situation of the nation isn't palatable for foreign to stay in south Africa.. Please I Really need HELP.. How can we apply for refugee in canada.... Please kindly reply
Likely your only realistic option at this time for applying for refugee status in Canada is to obtain a TRV (tourist visa) to Canada, fly here, and claim refugee status when you arrive in Canada. Unfortunately given your status in South Africa, your chances of getting a TRV approved are likely close to zero. To get a TRV approved, Canada will want to see that you have strong ties to your home country, have sufficient funds to pay for your trip and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term.

If you cannot get a TRV approved, then you may want to look leaving SA and going to a different country - and then being recognized as a refugee by UNHCR once you are there. UNHCR will then decide where you will be permanently resettled. The vast majority of refugees are resettled in the country where they already are.