+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help needed!!!

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have 480 points with 50 for my foreign work experience. I had made PoF as zero during my initial EE.

Now I am in the process of submitting my application. I have been working on my PGWP work permit in a software company for a little more than 1 year now, without LMIA an my employer is not ready to give one either.

Now, What should I select for this question.

Your current job is of what type? This question is asked under the "Work History"" when filling your current job details.

1. No work permit required.
2. Work permit needed, LMIA not required.
2. Work permit and LMIA required.

Thanks!

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what you say, it seems like 'Option 2' is the one for you to select.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. But I thought option 2 is for LMIA exemot. IS PGWP LMIA exempt?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, the fact that your employer employed you means that your job must have been one that did not require an LMIA. Hence you were working in a job where:

1) Work Permit is required; and
2) LMIA is not required

liamE

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/07/2015
Just click "no" to the question "do you have a valid job offer" because you don't have a LMIA so you don't get 600 points for it anyway.
In the section where you fill in your work history, where it asks whether you have a work permit say "yes" and where it asks if you have a LMIA say "no".
The immigration officers are aware of the PGWP holders.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks both of you. So yes, I did select "No" for valid job offer. Now for the question below I choose option 2, then right?

Your current job is of what type? This question is asked under the "Work History"" when filling your current job details.

1. No work permit required.
2. Work permit needed, LMIA not required.
2. Work permit and LMIA required.

Thanks!

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a tonne. I was really stressing about this since two days after I figured the confusion about LMIA exemption.

So for my current job, I am attaching my pay stubs, T4, NOA and bank statements along with the letter of explanation saying I am exempt from POF as I got a CEC invite and as I supporting myself with the ongoing salary from my current permanent job.
Hope that is good enough!

Cheers and Thanks again