+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent, Help Needed

SyedRaza

Sep 1, 2009
I am a Canadian Citizen and I live and work in USA. I have been in USA for the last 1 and half year. I have sponsored my wife in 2007 and still her case is in processing.

In 2008, I have serious issues with my wife and still I am having them. She is with me in USA on TD visa. Her case is in Canadian COnsulate, Buffalo, NY. It looks like if she is staying with me only because she wants Canadian Immigration and wants to move over there. Once, she will get the PR papers I dont think so she is going to stay with me.

I dont want to stick some one with me just because she needs some thing from me. I dont want to hold her just because of Canadian Immigration. At the same time, I want to safe myself as well. I have few questions in this regard.

I- What is the process of withdrawing the sponsorship application.

2-Lets say if she gets the PR visa and she enters Canada as a landed immigrant sponsored by me and after that, if we split and she goes on welfare after that. Can Canadian Government take that money from me even if I am not living in Canada. I dont have any plans to go back to Canada for atleast 4 to 5 years.

Any suggestion in this regard is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Raza

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should fax or mail the Buffalo office a letter stating that you want to cancel your application. Make sure you include the file number. Their contact info is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/buffalo.asp

If your wife lands as a PR, you are responsible for her financially for 3 years after she lands. If she takes social assistance or even disability during this time, the government will send you the bill. Maybe you can dodge their bills if you stay in the US but I am sure, like other government debts, that they will never write this off so when you return to Canada, you will have to pay.