+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help Needed: TRV for Parents and Funds Question

Gigyani80

Apr 18, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am applying for my parents for a TRV to visit me for a month in Canada. The confusion I'm facing is with regard to the funds my mother has to show. Now my mother is financially dependent on my father, and would be accompanying him during their trip. However, my question is: If I show the same amount of funds on my mother's application form as those of my father's, wouldn't that be wrong since the money actually belongs to my father and not my mother? Or should they both write a sort of signed letter of explanation, my father declaring that he is responsible for my mother's finances, and my mother declaring that she is dependent on my father.

Your guidance and help with this would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am applying for my parents for a TRV to visit me for a month in Canada. The confusion I'm facing is with regard to the funds my mother has to show. Now my mother is financially dependent on my father, and would be accompanying him during their trip. However, my question is: If I show the same amount of funds on my mother's application form as those of my father's, wouldn't that be wrong since the money actually belongs to my father and not my mother? Or should they both write a sort of signed letter of explanation, my father declaring that he is responsible for my mother's finances, and my mother declaring that she is dependent on my father.

Your guidance and help with this would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Do include a Letter of Financial Support signed by your dad to support your mom's airfare and visit expenses + his bank statements + his financial investments + his tax returns