+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help needed -- Spousal sponsorship- Decision Made

s2309

Feb 28, 2020
Hello all
I am May 2019 spousal sponsorship applicant and the process is almost completed. I received pre-arrival last week and then after 5 days Decision Made on ECAS .

Now, my lawyer wants to report an issue in Schedule A form that he missed earlier. There was mistake on our behalf in disclosing previous visa refusal. We decided to update Schedule A and send it to the visa office. A scan copy was sent, but before they could fetch the webform Decision was made on PR application side. I informed him about DM but he says ECAS decision made doesn't mean anything. so he is adamant on sending hard copy of the corrected form to visa office.

I do not agree with him because I feel that when final decision has been made, sending excess documents does not make any sense. But he is kind of arrogant and I know he wont listen to me. He is an idiot and I am at a point where I can't cancel representative. I don't want to miss any further correspondence coming from visa office soon after DM i.e. PPR. Anyone can tell me the impact of sending updated Schedule A even after DM. Is it going to make any difference? I am worried that it should not have any negative impact now. Please advise.

Thank you

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
You did cheat. Having said that you are the client and the lawyer has to listen to you. You can cancel his representation online anytime. However I have a feeling that he will report you regardless.

s2309

Feb 28, 2020
You did cheat. Having said that you are the client and the lawyer has to listen to you. You can cancel his representation online anytime. However I have a feeling that he will report you regardless.
I have reported earlier via an explanation letter and then also sent a scanned copy of the corrected form. My query is about sending the hard copy after DM. And lawyer isn't listening because for him ECAS doesn't mean anything. I am just stuck at a point where I can't cancel him as representative