+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help needed on martial status

Jamapalrocky

Aug 13, 2014
Appreciate your valuable time for look in to my topic..... Thanks in advance

I have just landed month ago to canada on MPNP programme.... Still I am waiting for my PR card to come.... Called immigration people for update on d same and they told me its in photograph scanning process... I don't know how long will take to get my card???

I have found my soulmate here in canada ... She is US citizen and came to canada for holiday... We met at our common friends place and then day by day we got to know each other and planning to marry... Lucky girl :D

My questions are:

1) should I get marry without PR card???
2) or will wait for PR card to come and then marry if its any problem??
3) when I have landed month ago my status is single and now I m planning to marry, so if I get marry
Than in how many days I have to notify immigration about change in my martial status??

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Jamapalrocky said:
Appreciate your valuable time for look in to my topic..... Thanks in advance

I have just landed month ago to canada on MPNP programme.... Still I am waiting for my PR card to come.... Called immigration people for update on d same and they told me its in photograph scanning process... I don't know how long will take to get my card???

I have found my soulmate here in canada ... She is US citizen and came to canada for holiday... We met at our common friends place and then day by day we got to know each other and planning to marry... Lucky girl :D

My questions are:

1) should I get marry without PR card???
2) or will wait for PR card to come and then marry if its any problem??
3) when I have landed month ago my status is single and now I m planning to marry, so if I get marry
Than in how many days I have to notify immigration about change in my martial status??
1) Yes, if you wish. You don't need a PR card to marry.
2) It's not a problem.
3) You don't have to inform CIC at all.

Jamapalrocky

Aug 13, 2014
thanx zardos for your quick reply

but a quick questaion on your answer that i have not to inform cic for status change... is it ok????? bcz i want to put her dependent file after this so is it possible without letting them know about my new status.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Jamapalrocky said:
thanx zardos for your quick reply

but a quick questaion on your answer that i have not to inform cic for status change... is it ok????? bcz i want to put her dependent file after this so is it possible without letting them know about my new status.
you were already approved and landed as a pr. you do not need to tell immigration everytime something changes in your life (Get married, have kids)once you are given permanent status . they don't care what you do when you arrive (assuming it's within the law and you maintain residence in canada), they only care about changes of information BEFORE you are given approval.

keep in mind, if you become a pr, immediately get married to someone you just met, and attempt to sponsor a spouse for PR, your application will definitely be scrutinized, so be prepared to get called in for an interview, which will no doubt delay the process. when sponsoring a spouse, it's important to be able to prove the relationship is ONGOING and known to family/friends. CIC will certainly be skeptical of your relationship timeline, no matter where the applicant is from.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Jamapalrocky said:
thanx a lot rhcohen2014 ,

ohk so it possible to put her file after 6 months and in my homecountry.???
i'm sorry, i don't understand what you are asking. if you are asking is it possible to sponsor her as your wife after only being in canada as a pr for 6 mo? yes. assuming you meet the qualifications to sponsor a spouse. to know if you're eligible, you will need to do some homework on the cic website about spousal sponsorship.

Jamapalrocky

Aug 13, 2014
What I was asking is after getting married in canada, we both are planning to go to my home country for religious function. So, can I put her dependent file from back home (Not from Canada) after 3 months or so?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamapalrocky said:
What I was asking is after getting married in canada, we both are planning to go to my home country for religious function. So, can I put her dependent file from back home (Not from Canada) after 3 months or so?
No, as a PR, you must be residing in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You should be residing in Canada when you apply and during the processing. If immigration believes that you are not residing in Canada at some point during the processing, they can send you a letter to prove that you are, which will be hard if you aren't.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
and if she is a us citizen there is absolutely NO reason for her to be applying outland through any other country. currently us citizens are seeing quick approval times.

also, i believe, in order to use another country for application purposes, she has to be able to prove she is legally allowed to be there for more than 1 year through some sort of visa.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
and if she is a us citizen there is absolutely NO reason for her to be applying outland through any other country. currently us citizens are seeing quick approval times.

also, i believe, in order to use another country for application purposes, she has to be able to prove she is legally allowed to be there for more than 1 year through some sort of visa.
Right. All applications are sent to Mississauga anyway for the first stage and they will then forward it to the appropriate visa office. The applicant does not have much choice of a visa office. It is either the visa office responsible for their native country, a country where they have PR or a country where they have been legally admitted with at least a one year visa.