+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP NEEDED FSW

mastersboy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Hi,

I have received ITA nder FSW category. I have several questions as I put together the documents needed. I do not have a lawyer helping me so I need all the help I can get from my fellow community members here.

I applied under FSW category as I and my wife both had skilled work experience outside of Canada. We both have a Canadian Master's degree.

- Although both of us have full-time jobs now but since none of our offer letters said they were for at least one year(which is a requirement for EE profile's "Do you have a valid job offer in Canada?" question), we answered no to this question. We had enough points so we didn't want to say yes when we didn't have a letter to prove the minimum on-year requirement. Is this OK? or do we have to say yes since we are working full-time in Canada?

- Are the job-experience letters required in original? Are scanned letters enough? (I can perhaps provide copy of email the letters were sent over)?

- For NOC, I see that my job title and job duties span multiple job titles and duties as specified under same category NOC 2171 on the cic website's NOC list link. If my job experience letter covers the job duties spanning multiple job titles bt under same NOC would that be an issue? I have worked for a multinational consulting company in India, so it should have some recognition if that matters at all? Is a separate letter from a senior team member on a official letterhead a good idea? I have seen some rejections regarding NOC codes and job duties here, and I am really scared.

- What documents are required in original?

- For Indian folks here, who have done this before, Can I get the Police Certificate from Toronto consulate on same day? or the only option is to apply via BLS?

I will edit this question and ask more questions as they come to me. Thanks a lot for your guys' help.

Last edited:

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hi,

I have received ITA nder FSW category. I have several questions as I put together the documents needed. I do not have a lawyer helping me so I need all the help I can get from my fellow community members here.

I applied under FSW category as I and my wife both had skilled work experience outside of Canada. We both have a Canadian Master's degree.

- Although both of us have full-time jobs now but since none of our offer letters said they were for at least one year(which is a requirement for EE profile's "Do you have a valid job offer in Canada?" question), we answered no to this question. We had enough points so we didn't want to say yes when we didn't have a letter to prove the minimum on-year requirement. Is this OK? or do we have to say yes since we are working full-time in Canada?

- Are the job-experience letters required in original? Are scanned letters enough? (I can perhaps provide copy of email the letters were sent over)?

- For NOC, I see that my job title and job duties span multiple job titles and duties as specified under same category NOC 2171 on the cic website's NOC list link. If my job experience letter covers the job duties spanning multiple job titles bt under same NOC would that be an issue? I have worked for a multinational consulting company in India, so it should have some recognition if that matters at all? Is a separate letter from a senior team member on a official letterhead a good idea? I have seen some rejections regarding NOC codes and job duties here, and I am really scared.

- What documents are required in original?

- For Indian folks here, who have done this before, Can I get the Police Certificate from Toronto consulate on same day? or the only option is to apply via BLS?

I will edit this question and ask more questions as they come to me. Thanks a lot for your guys' help.
Ask your questions here for better guidance, https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/express-entry-expression-of-interest.54/