+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help needed for student permit application

wding1993

May 16, 2013
I'm currently applying for my study permit in France (but I'm from China), I choose to apply online.
I encounter question like,
1.how can I sign the application form and manage to submit online? should I print my application (pdf file) and scan them?
2. I have been admitted by McGill university, in the acceptant letter, there is no "duration of study", can the embassy accept that?
3. if I'm applying for my parents for visitor visa, do my parents need to show up or I can apply for them?

thank you so much for your helps

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
wding1993 said:
I'm currently applying for my study permit in France (but I'm from China), I choose to apply online.
1.how can I sign the application form and manage to submit online? should I print my application (pdf file) and scan them?
2. I have been admitted by McGill university, in the acceptant letter, there is no "duration of study", can the embassy accept that?
3. if I'm applying for my parents for visitor visa, do my parents need to show up or I can apply for them?

1.Don't sign and then scan. You will have the sign option at the time of payment.
2.Duration of the study should be written in some cases it is written as minimum period of study.
3.You can apply for them.

wding1993

May 16, 2013
dipta said:
1.Don't sign and then scan. You will have the sign option at the time of payment.
2.Duration of the study should be written in some cases it is written as minimum period of study.
3.You can apply for them.
thank you so much for your help. I understand that there is a scan option in the end, but for some form such as family member representative form, it is not possible to save, and it require sign from my parents and me. For such form, I have to print it or otherwise the information will not be uploaded...

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
If you are talking about about IMM1294 then it doesn't need a sign for uploading online just verifying and saving will do. For family information form it also doesn't require signing as I have saved it without signing and also sent it. There is a guideline from CIC that you don't need to sign the documents for online submission.

wding1993

May 16, 2013
dipta said:
If you are talking about about IMM1294 then it doesn't need a sign for uploading online just verifying and saving will do. For family information form it also doesn't require signing as I have saved it without signing and also sent it. There is a guideline from CIC that you don't need to sign the documents for online submission.
thanks, IMM5645 and IMM1294 can be used with no problem, but the document that is not working is IMM5713...no information can be saved in the pdf....seems like printing and scanning is the only option..

BDTIGER

Apr 29, 2013
are you studying in France or any other status?? Nationality Chinese?

wding1993 said:

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
wding1993 said:
thanks, IMM5645 and IMM1294 can be used with no problem, but the document that is not working is IMM5713...no information can be saved in the pdf....seems like printing and scanning is the only option..
I don't see any IMM5713 in the study permit link(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp). what is it used for?

wding1993

May 16, 2013
dipta said:
I don't see any IMM5713 in the study permit link). what is it used for?

Oh, ok. Caz I'm applying for my parents as well, it is a form that my parents agree to have me as their representative, anyway thanks a lot

queenofland

Apr 22, 2013
wding1993 said:
anyone can help please
thanks
Hi, I had come across the same problem while doing 'family information' form, What I did was print sign and scan it! there was no option to saving it in the computer!

By the way I have applied from London but I am citizen of a different country! I am worried if that affects the application? Is been a month since I applied online! Still no reply!!! So worried! What is your status in France?

wding1993

May 16, 2013
queenofland said:
Hi, I had come across the same problem while doing 'family information' form, What I did was print sign and scan it! there was no option to saving it in the computer!

By the way I have applied from London but I am citizen of a different country! I am worried if that affects the application? Is been a month since I applied online! Still no reply!!! So worried! What is your status in France?

That is what i did, doesn't seems to have other option...
You are making me scared...I haven't send in yet...
But I think you should call or email them now, it shouldn't take that long

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
already submitted with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
already submitted with application
wding1993 said:
For this one, you have to print out and sign and scan and upload

queenofland

Apr 22, 2013
wding1993 said:
That is what i did, doesn't seems to have other option...
You are making me scared...I haven't send in yet...
But I think you should call or email them now, it shouldn't take that long
Sorry if I scared you! That was not my intention. Wish you good luck did your application :) dun worry I am sure everything will turn out well!

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
queenofland said:

Hi queenofland,

I'm in the same situation, a foreign national applying from London. As long as you a legal temporary or permanent resident of the UK, it's OK to apply to the UK CHC office.

Applicants for Temporary Resident Visas, Study Permits and Work Permits
You must select the visa office that serves your country of residence, your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted.

you can find this on the CIC page for Visa offices outside Canada: Countries / Territories and corresponding Canadian visa offices

And the visa will take from 8 - 10 weeks for processing. This info could be found on the UK CHC website.

Don't worry ;)

Cheers.