+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help needed for mistake

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
Hello everyone,
I applied today for non-sds program.

There is one question in IMM 1295:
Have you previously applied for enter / remain in Canada ?
I said yes, I applied for post graduate work permit in Canada in May, 2017.

I just thought and got to know I did mistake in application form because the latest I applied for work visa which was approved as well in back May, 2017 instead of Post graduate work permit.

What can I do for that mistake now??

Do I need to do biometrics myself or wait for their reply to ask me to do ??

Thanks

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
It's not quite clear what your mistake is. Do you mean you actually applied for a OWP but instead mentioned PGWP? Any which way, you can send a webform with a corrected IMM1295 form and briefly explain the mistake you made.

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
It's not quite clear what your mistake is. Do you mean you actually applied for a OWP but instead mentioned PGWP? Any which way, you can send a webform with a corrected IMM1295 form and briefly explain the mistake you made.
Thanks to concerned about my Issue.

I made mistake in IMM 1295 in which there is one question :
Have you previously applied for enter/ remain in Canada???
Yes / No
I written by mistake
Yes, I applied for post graduate work permit in Canada I n 2017.

I need to write ,
Yes, I applied work visa in Canada in 2017 instead of post graduate work permit in Canada in 2017.

Actually, I Applied last one application for work visa after post graduate work permit

In question they were asking previously applied which mean last one application.

my last application was work visa instead of post graduate work permit
I applied work visa in May 2017
Before I applied post graduate work permit in March 2017.
Hope you understand now.

Last edited:

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020

Yes / No
I written by mistake

I need to write ,
Yes, I applied work visa in Canada in 2017 instead of post graduate work permit in Canada in 2017.

Actually, I Applied last one application for work visa after post graduate work permit

In question they were asking previously applied which mean last one application.

Hope you understand now.
Yes I understand you. I don't think you have an issue really. But for peace of mind, send a webform to explain your mistake.They would already pick up your previous visa from your UCI number (assuming you are applying with the same one).

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

Yes / No
I written by mistake

I need to write ,

Hope you understand now.
They are both work permits, you answered correct. I dont think there will be any issue. Would be an issue if you answered NO while you applied to remain in Canada

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
They are both work permits, you answered correct. I dont think there will be any issue. Would be an issue if you answered NO while you applied to remain in Canada
Thanks to reply.

Both are not work permit
Actually, second last was work permit applied in March 2017 and Last one was work visa applied in May 2017. Both applied separately in Canada.
Because when you are in Canada you can not apply work permit together with work visa at the same time.
Outside the Canada we apply both work permit and work visa together but not when you are in Canada.
Hope you understand.

Thanks

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks to reply.

Both are not work permit
Actually, second last was work permit applied in March 2017 and Last one was work visa applied in May 2017. Both applied separately in Canada.
Because when you are in Canada you can not apply work permit together with work visa at the same time.
Outside the Canada we apply both work permit and work visa together but not when you are in Canada.
Hope you understand.

Thanks
What do you mean by work visa and work permit? I suppose you mean TRV that is affixed to your passport to enable you to travel… if that is how you define work visa, then that trv doesnt give you authorization to work but work permit does.
Yes when you apply from outside of canada they’ll give you trv and you get your work permit at poe

and yes, if you are in canada you need to apply for work permit then trv.. two separate application.. so tell me if this is correct

Last edited: