+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help needed - Entry into Canada TWP - existing job

Noorr2592

Jul 10, 2020
Hi everyone

I need assistance here
My husband and I are planning on moving to Canada at the end of this month

1- We both have introductory letters approved (my husband is on an employer specific work permit and as his dependent I’m on an open work permit)

2- our approvals came before the 18th of March - our passports also have the TRVs

3- My husbands job offer is valid and has been updated again to ensure that he does have a job waiting for him.

Are we exempt from these travel restrictions? Can we travel?

need proper advice please

thanks!

Reactions: sidix52831

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone

I need assistance here
My husband and I are planning on moving to Canada at the end of this month

1- We both have introductory letters approved (my husband is on an employer specific work permit and as his dependent I’m on an open work permit)

2- our approvals came before the 18th of March - our passports also have the TRVs

3- My husbands job offer is valid and has been updated again to ensure that he does have a job waiting for him.

Are we exempt from these travel restrictions? Can we travel?

need proper advice please

thanks!
Your husband can definitely travel. The answer for you is not as clear. Since you hold an open work permit and do not have a job in Canada at this time, it's possible your reasons for travel may be deemed as non-essential. We have seen cases here where open work permit holders in your situation have been refused boarding without already having a firm job offer in Canada. It's also quite possible that you will be allowed to board the plane. Unfortunately there isn't quite a clear answer at this time due to the border restrictions in place.

Noorr2592

Jul 10, 2020
Hi - Thankyou for replying - But Surely if you’re traveling with your spouse and are dependent on him and have no where else to stay if he moves country — that would be deemed essential?

Your husband can definitely travel. The answer for you is not as clear. Since you hold an open work permit and do not have a job in Canada at this time, it's possible your reasons for travel may be deemed as non-essential. We have seen cases here where open work permit holders in your situation have been refused boarding without already having a firm job offer in Canada. It's also quite possible that you will be allowed to board the plane. Unfortunately there isn't quite a clear answer at this time due to the border restrictions in place.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi - Thankyou for replying - But Surely if you’re traveling with your spouse and are dependent on him and have no where else to stay if he moves country — that would be deemed essential?
The "essential" is assesed from Canada's perspective.

From your perspective, I agree travel is essential since you want to stay with your partner.

However from Canada's perspective, it's not as clear cut since you don't have a job in Canada. Again, there have been mixed experiences on this forum. Some have had no issues traveling to Canada. Some have run into problems boarding the plane.

Noorr2592

Jul 10, 2020
My only question is - what about people who don’t wish to work? Is it mandatory for everyone to work? It really doesn’t make sense.

Ofcourse Thankyou for your help. I just hope I get some clarity. I just need to board a flight - at the border I can clearly state and prove why I need to remain with my husband who I am dependent on.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My only question is - what about people who don’t wish to work? Is it mandatory for everyone to work? It really doesn’t make sense.

Ofcourse Thankyou for your help. I just hope I get some clarity. I just need to board a flight - at the border I can clearly state and prove why I need to remain with my husband who I am dependent on.
Under normal circumstances it is certainly not mandatory for you to work.

Unfortunately these aren't normal times or circumstances. Travel restrictions allow essential travel only and if you have no plans to work then there is a possibility CBSA may say there is no reason for you to be traveling to Canada at this time.

It's really impossible for any of us to say what will happen because people have had different experiences. Hopefully you will be allowed to board the flight and also enter Canada. Good luck.