+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help needed..!! Duration of PGWP..!! University of Windsor..!!

Loveneet

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Can anbody please help. I am planning to do masters from uni of windsor but its is 16 months course with 4 terms. Can anybody tell what would be the duration of pgwp that i will get after completing my studies.. 16 months or 3 years? ???

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what do u mean 16 months? IS that 4 semesters for study term except for co-op?

Loveneet

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
dental15 said:
what do u mean 16 months? IS that 4 semesters for study term except for co-op?
This is the reply from the University.

You will study and live in Canada for approximately 16 months while enrolled in 8 prescribed courses and one Project/Internship course (2 credits).

goldy2315

Apr 13, 2015
i am also admitted in university of windsor, but i will be deferring my admission to jan 2016. i guess there are 4 semesters of 4 months and total duration for the masters degree will be 2 years. i guess those 16 months are excluding holiday months.

Loveneet

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
goldy2315 said:
i am also admitted in university of windsor, but i will be deferring my admission to jan 2016. i guess there are 4 semesters of 4 months and total duration for the masters degree will be 2 years. i guess those 16 months are excluding holiday months.
If its 16 months then I am afraid we will get only 16 months pgwp. Is there any way to confirm this?

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How many credits are you taking? I will see that it's 2 years pgwp or 3 years pgwp.

Sometimes, CIC gives 2 years pgwp although they finished 2 years course.

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you get 2 years pgwp due to CIC's mistake, dont be sad. You can require to extend one year pgwp with your transcript and diploma or degree. These days, CIC often make mistakes for visa issue and immigration papers. Dont be panic.

Good luck

Loveneet

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
dental15 said:
How many credits are you taking? I will see that it's 2 years pgwp or 3 years pgwp.

Sometimes, CIC gives 2 years pgwp although they finished 2 years course.
This is what they have written on their website.

You will study and live in Canada for approximately 16 months while enrolled in 8 prescribed courses and one Project/Internship course (2 credits).

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
8 course means 8 class *3 credits = 24 credits? Is that correct? So, how many credits do u take for a semester? I am still confused.

In general, the full time course is more than 12 credits for a semester.

Mine is 23 credits for a semester..

gurjindersingh

May 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
Passport Req..
15-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2015
LANDED..........
21\08\2015
Loveneet said:
Can anbody please help. I am planning to do masters from uni of windsor but its is 16 months course with 4 terms. Can anybody tell what would be the duration of pgwp that i will get after completing my studies.. 16 months or 3 years? ???
Now, PGWP also depends upon the number of credits / course load you take. Different universities may have different rules pertaining to credit system, but full‑time students in Canadian universities... normally take 30 credits during the Regular Session – Fall and Winter or 15 credits/term. That makes.. 60 credits for a 2 academic year/ 4 term course. It can be slightly more or less. Now, a 2 Acd. years/4 term/Sem programme can be completed continuously in 16 months or in 20 months (with 1 term/summer term break) or in 24 months (by taking 2 summer term breaks). So.. if you complete your full course/ credits, of a 2 Acd. year Master's/ 4 term programme as mentioned on your offer letter, then even if you pace up your studies and complete all credit requirements to finish the programme in 3 terms, still.. it will be considered that you completed a full time 2 Acd. years/ 4 terms Master programme. And, Hence... you SHOULD be eligible for a 3 years PGWP. So you need to see the Master's programme credits and programme description and general university guidelines to check if it's actually a 4 term/ 2 Acd. years Master programme with near 60 credits or more, and also ask around your seniors, university international office, others.. as to what is the realistic scenario regarding PGWP with past students who may have completed the course in less than 4 terms.

Hope it helps.

goldy2315

Apr 13, 2015
as i checked mine is 16 months course and they have made it clear on their website that you cannot change course duration which is 16 months. :(
i guess i will be then eligible for 16 months pgwp.

Loveneet

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
goldy2315 said:
as i checked mine is 16 months course and they have made it clear on their website that you cannot change course duration which is 16 months. :(
i guess i will be then eligible for 16 months pgwp.