+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help ! I want to change resume in OCAS portal

Dharmikdonda111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
I have applied for college in Ontario.
I want to update my resume as I missed out writing the word "Assistant " in my post of executive "Assistant".
And I want to change this now.
Should I do it ! Will there by any issue ?
My experience letter is having post as executive assistant though I haven't submitted my experience letter during college application but still .
So should I update my resume ? There is a option in my OCAS portal to change my resume .
Will they have acces to both of my resume then ? Old and new ?
Plz help.

sonson

Mar 2, 2021
No one know for sure. Based on the stage of your application, they may already check all your documents now.
I would say update the profile then send an email to college (with your application number) to notify them you have updated it.
But as long as you work in the field same as applied course, and your job description seems match, the position is not matter in the college application stage.

Dharmikdonda111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
No one know for sure. Based on the stage of your application, they may already check all your documents now.
I would say update the profile then send an email to college (with your application number) to notify them you have updated it.
But as long as you work in the field same as applied course, and your job description seems match, the position is not matter in the college application stage.
Yes but do they match my resume ( when applied in college )? After 3 years when I apply for PR ? Is it ?

sonson

Mar 2, 2021
LOA, Study permit, and PR are all different process with different documents.
For PR you will need reference from your employer (with letter head, signature and stamp). They don't need your resume and won't know or match resume when you applied for college. You provide different set of documents by then and they only asset those documents only.

Dharmikdonda111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
LOA, Study permit, and PR are all different process with different documents.
For PR you will need reference from your employer (with letter head, signature and stamp). They don't need your resume and won't know or match resume when you applied for college. You provide different set of documents by then and they only asset those documents only.
So they won't see my resume ( which I gave for admission )right while applying for PR which I submitted while college application.

sonson

Mar 2, 2021
No. They won't ever see it.
Again, different processes, different systems. Don't worry about it.