+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP - HOW TO ADD A NEW BORN POST ITA FOR EXPRESS ENTRY (INVITATION RECEIVED)

giants

Sep 20, 2017
!!!!HELP URGENT!!!

Hi - I have a question related to new born. I see lot of posts on new born but it is very overwhelming and I am looking for precise answer as we have limited time remaining to submit the documentation.

• I received the ITA (FSW) on Oct 4, 2017
  • Documentation (e-APR) deadline: Jan 3, 2018
  • My wife delivered a baby in Nov 2017 (which is after I received the ITA)
  • Baby's birth certificate is ready - I have to go to the town's health department Monday next week (12/18) to pick it up
  • I have a medical scheduled for my new born for Dec 19, 2017
  • I tried adding the new born using the following pointer and selecting in the dropdown "Replacing Documents, Amendment to Documents" -this was done on Dec 7, 2017

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

I received a response from CIC today and I think they are trying to say that I should use the correct link/pointer for CSE for adding a new born but to me it is not making sense what shall I use.

Here is the response I received from CIC today (in redand italics):

Now my questions are :
  • How do I add the new born to the profile? What specific form to use for CSE?
  • Do I really need to add the new born before my documentation submission due date of Jan 3, 2018 or there is a work around?
  • I am sure I won't be getting the passport no sooner than mid-Jan, do I still need to add my new born in the application now and get his medical done on Dec 19, 2017 OR add my new born now to the application and get the newborn's medical check-up done later after Jan 3, 2018 OR submit everything now for me and my wife and everything related to my new born can be done later (after Jan 3, 2018)?

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

IRCC is always striving to improve our customer service.

In order to help us better serve you, please follow the below guidelines to ensure your query goes to the right department to ensure we respond as quickly as possible:

Replacement of Document

If your enquiry is regarding replacing a valid temporary resident document (i.e.: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, and/or Temporary Resident Permit), a Confirmation of Permanent Residence, or a Record of Landing, please visit the
IRCC Website for the concerned form to complete. All instructions can easily be found within the kit, specifically the Instruction Guide IMM 5545.

Amendment of Document

If your enquiry is regarding correcting an error, therefore requiring an amendment, on a valid temporary resident document (i.e.: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, and/or Temporary Resident Permit), a Confirmation of Permanent Residence, or a Record of Landing, please visit the
IRCC Website for the concerned form to complete. All instructions can easily be found within the kit, specifically the Instruction Guide IMM 5218.

Case Status

If your enquiry is regarding a case status which has not yet been answered via other channels, please write back to us using the
IRCC Web form and choose one of the following options:

· Temporary Residence (applied online) or Temporary Residence (applied by Mail) located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry for any temporary residence application (i.e.: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, and/or Temporary Resident Permit).

· Permanent residence (applied by mail) or Permanent residence (applied online) located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry for a permanent residence application under an economic stream (i.e.: Provincial Nominee, Skilled Worker, Caregiver, etc.).

We thank you for your understanding and patience as we seek to provide existing and future Canadians with the best client service.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

www.cic.gc.ca

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
From what I understand, you haven't submitted your PR application yet. So,ther is no point in sending a CSE since you don't have a 'case' yet. CSE is for applicant who have already submitted their PR application.
If the above is true, just update your post-ITA application to add the baby and upload what you have (for example, his photo, birth certificate, and medicals if you can get it without the passport) before Jan. 3rd. For the passport (and probably medicals), upload an explanation letter with all the facts and that you have applied for the passport and scheduled an appointment for medicals and will upload bith once you have them. Good Luck!

Last edited:

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
You need to submit everything by Jan. 3rd. However, in some cases like yours this might not be possible. Sp, first, do your best to get them before Jan. 3rd. If you couldn't, then submit an explanation letter and state you have tried to gather all documents and provide all evidences that you did. You will most likely get an extension to submit your baby's documents which you should do once you have them. For the medical, you check with the doctor that your baby can have his/her medicals without the passport. If yes (which I doubt), then that's great, do it before the deadline and upload it. If not, then get the passport first and then reschedule the medicals.
To give a complete answer, I have seen people submitting the PR application without including the newborn baby, then they submit a CSE when they have all his/her documents ready and there was no problem with that. I just don't like this approach. Good Luck!

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
!!!!HELP URGENT!!!

Hi - I have a question related to new born. I see lot of posts on new born but it is very overwhelming and I am looking for precise answer as we have limited time remaining to submit the documentation.

• Baby's birth certificate is ready - I have to go to the town's health department Monday next week (12/18) to pick it up
  • I tried adding the new born using the following pointer and selecting in the dropdown "Replacing Documents, Amendment to Documents" -this was done on Dec 7, 2017

I received a response from CIC today and I think they are trying to say that I should use the correct link/pointer for CSE for adding a new born but to me it is not making sense what shall I use.

Now my questions are :
  • Do I really need to add the new born before my documentation submission due date of Jan 3, 2018 or there is a work around?
  • I am sure I won't be getting the passport no sooner than mid-Jan, do I still need to add my new born in the application now and get his medical done on Dec 19, 2017 OR add my new born now to the application and get the newborn's medical check-up done later after Jan 3, 2018 OR submit everything now for me and my wife and everything related to my new born can be done later (after Jan 3, 2018)?

Good day,

In order to help us better serve you, please follow the below guidelines to ensure your query goes to the right department to ensure we respond as quickly as possible:

Replacement of Document

If your enquiry is regarding replacing a valid temporary resident document (i.e.: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, and/or Temporary Resident Permit), a Confirmation of Permanent Residence, or a Record of Landing, please visit the
IRCC Website for the concerned form to complete. All instructions can easily be found within the kit, specifically the Instruction Guide IMM 5545.

Amendment of Document

If your enquiry is regarding correcting an error, therefore requiring an amendment, on a valid temporary resident document (i.e.: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, and/or Temporary Resident Permit), a Confirmation of Permanent Residence, or a Record of Landing, please visit the
IRCC Website for the concerned form to complete. All instructions can easily be found within the kit, specifically the Instruction Guide IMM 5218.

Case Status

If your enquiry is regarding a case status which has not yet been answered via other channels, please write back to us using the

· Temporary Residence (applied online) or Temporary Residence (applied by Mail) located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry for any temporary residence application (i.e.: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, and/or Temporary Resident Permit).

· Permanent residence (applied by mail) or Permanent residence (applied online) located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry for a permanent residence application under an economic stream (i.e.: Provincial Nominee, Skilled Worker, Caregiver, etc.).

We thank you for your understanding and patience as we seek to provide existing and future Canadians with the best client service.

Sincerely,

www.cic.gc.ca
I had exactly the same situation. I submitted my application without the baby and explained the situation in LoE. His passport wasn't ready. About a month after submition I got ADR for baby's paperwork and placeholder appeared in my application for baby's docs. They gave 30 days to gather all the docs and submit.

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
You need to submit everything by Jan. 3rd. However, in some cases like yours this might not be possible. Sp, first, do your best to get them before Jan. 3rd. If you couldn't, then submit an explanation letter and state you have tried to gather all documents and provide all evidences that you did. You will most likely get an extension to submit your baby's documents which you should do once you have them. For the medical, you check with the doctor that your baby can have his/her medicals without the passport. If yes (which I doubt), then that's great, do it before the deadline and upload it. If not, then get the passport first and then reschedule the medicals.
To give a complete answer, I have seen people submitting the PR application without including the newborn baby, then they submit a CSE when they have all his/her documents ready and there was no problem with that. I just don't like this approach. Good Luck!
We did our medicals in London and they didn't require passport for the baby, just birth certificate.

Last edited:

arpit0718

Jan 10, 2015
So what did you do finally?Were you able to get all the documents before your deadline and submit?We are in same situation now and have only 35 days left to submit everything which looks very tight.

baby's info needs to be added in the personal information section?

!!!!HELP URGENT!!!

Now my questions are :

Good day,

Replacement of Document

Amendment of Document

Case Status

Sincerely,

www.cic.gc.ca

lavemanv10

Jun 15, 2018
From what I understand, you haven't submitted your PR application yet. So,ther is no point in sending a CSE since you don't have a 'case' yet. CSE is for applicant who have already submitted their PR application.
If the above is true, just update your post-ITA application to add the baby and upload what you have (for example, his photo, birth certificate, and medicals if you can get it without the passport) before Jan. 3rd. For the passport (and probably medicals), upload an explanation letter with all the facts and that you have applied for the passport and scheduled an appointment for medicals and will upload bith once you have them. Good Luck!

Hi. I have recieved ITA with CRS of 445. Kindly help me with following queries.

1.I will have got all documents for me and my spouse by end of this week in place, for submitting E-APR and my baby is expected by next week. So , Kindly suggest to submit E-APR by end of this week or after birth of baby , by next week. I would'nt have got any documents for baby till next week and I can only get them by 15-20th September (best case). My ITA is expiring of 20th Sep. Kindly suggest , how shall I proceed for submitting application.

2.If I submit the E-APR just before 20th Sep 2018 (before ITA expiration, but after birth of baby) with me and my spouse documents only (and tell them in LOE about expected baby) as I am uncertain about the getting all of baby's documents before 24th Sep 2018, so will application be considered complete and will I be granted additional time after 24th Sep till the time I am able to produce all documents for the baby?... Kindly suggest