File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So, in case of LMIA, employer will reappoint me or i can continue my employment.
No - it doesn't quite work that way. You would need to stop working as soon as your PR status is lost. Your employer would then have to go through the LMIA process. This can be quite a long process and your employer should budget 4-6 months to complete it. The first step is to advertise the job (following the LMIA requirements) for at least a month to prove no Canadian could be found for the role.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No - it doesn't quite work that way. You would need to stop working as soon as your PR status is lost. Your employer would then have to go through the LMIA process. This can be quite a long process and your employer should budget 4-6 months to complete it. The first step is to advertise the job (following the LMIA requirements) for at least a month to prove no Canadian could be found for the role.
There is also a cost to the process. Not sure if the government will be willing to pay the approx $1000.

Dentist_india

Star Member
Jun 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
04-05-2011
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
There is also a cost to the process. Not sure if the government will be willing to pay the approx $1000.
Ok thanks. They spent more on interview process

Dentist_india

Star Member
Jun 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
04-05-2011
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
Somebody suggested me to renounce my PR and then reapply with the job offer (after consulting with the employer). It will take few months to a year in case employer is willing to wait. Do you guys think it is a wise advice?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Somebody suggested me to renounce my PR and then reapply with the job offer (after consulting with the employer). It will take few months to a year in case employer is willing to wait. Do you guys think it is a wise advice?
It's going to be hard for any of us to say one way or the other. To count as a job offer and give you points for immigration under Express Entry, your employer has to obtain an approved LMIA. This is not the easiest process and approval is not guaranteed. So this could be a path for you if your employer is able to obtain an approved LMIA and then if you have enough points under the EE system to be selected over other applicants. As of now, you need 440 or more points to be selected.

Dentist_india

Star Member
Jun 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
04-05-2011
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
It's going to be hard for any of us to say one way or the other. To count as a job offer and give you points for immigration under Express Entry, your employer has to obtain an approved LMIA. This is not the easiest process and approval is not guaranteed. So this could be a path for you if your employer is able to obtain an approved LMIA and then if you have enough points under the EE system to be selected over other applicants. As of now, you need 440 or more points to be selected.
thank you

Dentist_india

Star Member
Jun 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
04-05-2011
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
Sorry guys, I am just putting all possibilities here. some of them might look crazy. I have a strong feeling that there should be a way out because Immigration system is always meant for helping boosting country's economy by bringing best talent from outside. But in my case, it is acting against me considering they could not find Canadian citizen or veteran for this position.

Does Canadian embassy outside Canada has any authority to cancel my PR and issue me PRTD to enter Canada and reapply new PR card considering my job offer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry guys, I am just putting all possibilities here. some of them might look crazy. I have a strong feeling that there should be a way out because Immigration system is always meant for helping boosting country's economy by bringing best talent from outside. But in my case, it is acting against me considering they could not find Canadian citizen or veteran for this position.

Does Canadian embassy outside Canada has any authority to cancel my PR and issue me PRTD to enter Canada and reapply new PR card considering my job offer.
Your question doesn't make sense. If your PR is canceled, then you would no longer be a permanent resident and wouldn't qualify for a PRTD.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

You are mixing things here:
PR card is not a PR residency itself
Also PRTD can only be issued to somebody that is PR and not somebody that is not PR anymore.
When you ask for PRTD 2 things can happen:
1. Your request is approved and PRTD will be issued
2. Your request will be declined which starts the process of PR withdrawal from you. And you will be given time to appeal against this decision.

A non PR applicant can ask only for all kind of temporary visa or to send application for PR itself (if he fits one of the category).

Also boosting Canadian economy does not translate into helping specific foreigner.
And you should not be surprised that some governmental positions are limited to certain type of applicants only (Canadian citizens or PR holders). That is the national interest, so whoever is working there is working for a place where he or she intends to stay long time and where it is in the interest of the person to do decisions favourable to Canada.

Reactions: scylla

Dentist_india

Star Member
Jun 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
04-05-2011
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
I just found a similar case as mine where H&C grounds were considered. Check this link http://archive.is/ggFiT

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just found a similar case as mine where H&C grounds were considered. Check this link http://archive.is/ggFiT
Again H&C are highly subjective. What works for one person might not work for another person.
Also the case you have citated has nothing to do with her having or not having governmental job. The specificity of that case was that the person was unable to find a leading professor in Canada for specific type of studies and she had proven it. So as a result they did overlook that time, So since she graduated only in 2016 and tried to return in 2017, the time during her studies was long enough.

Also attention, what one judge might accept another one might not.

So far you did not put here anything about why you were not in Canada. So the case you have pointed out is not relevant to your case (or so it seems).

Dentist_india

Star Member
Jun 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
04-05-2011
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
I was also looking for positions in Canada after getting PR and I have official documents to prove that I applied. Leaving current position in USA and entering Canada without job or doing odd jobs after doing PhD was not my intention. I also applied to professor and scientist positions in CAnada. If I take this position, I am going to resign from current position and another offer in the USA. I don’t mind criticism but I am here for help too. I also did my part in this forum by giving my opinions and feedbacks when my P.R. was pending.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I was also looking for positions in Canada after getting PR and I have official documents to prove that I applied. Leaving current position in USA and entering Canada without job or doing odd jobs after doing PhD was not my intention. I also applied to professor and scientist positions in CAnada. If I take this position, I am going to resign from current position and another offer in the USA. I don’t mind criticism but I am here for help too. I also did my part in this forum by giving my opinions and feedbacks when my P.R. was pending.
Time for you to seek professional advice on your situation given everyone here on this public forum as you know does their best to provide feedback on a purely amateur basis and if this job is so important to you then professional advice is the only way to go.Good luck