04-05-2011
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
Dear all,

I need your urgent help. I have PR which is going to expire within a year and i am currently living in the US. I got a job offer from Govt of Canada which may involve some international travel. I can enter Canada and stay there for two year but that will not be possible because of my job requirements. Can i renew my PR card being a canadian govt employee. what will happen to my spouse PR?

Thank you
DI

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your spouse PR will not be influence by you meeting or not meeting RO.
And of course the only way how to renew PR is to meet RO. Having a governmental job will not change a thing. You are still obliged to meet RO and you can be reported at any time your will return back to Canada.
If you really wish to keep your RO, best to meet RO first and renew your PR card and then take a job with extensive travelling time.

Dentist_india

Star Member
Jun 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
04-05-2011
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
thanks for your reply.
Do you think government job can help in my appeal later as they offered me this job (in specialized occupation) after special permission from deputy minister to hire non-canadian instead of a citizen or a veteran

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
At a certain point you are going to have to be upfront with your potential employer. Not being able to travel internationally may be a dealbreaker especially if they are already making an exception by hiring you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thanks for your reply.
Do you think government job can help in my appeal later as they offered me this job (in specialized occupation) after special permission from deputy minister to hire non-canadian instead of a citizen or a veteran
Government will be unlikely to intervene especially if they are asking someone to overlook established rules.

Dentist_india

Star Member
Jun 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
04-05-2011
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
i told my employer and they are aware of it. They said that renewing PR should not be an issue with a permanent position but those were just their views not the suggestion. In case i lose my PR, can I switch to work permit and reapply for PR again?

Dentist_india

Star Member
Jun 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
04-05-2011
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
To add more, I am a scientist in the US and my skill sets matches very closely with the offered position and thats why i got this job

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i told my employer and they are aware of it. They said that renewing PR should not be an issue with a permanent position but those were just their views not the suggestion. In case i lose my PR, can I switch to work permit and reapply for PR again?
Most Canadians are not aware of the details of the PR program. Did you explain that you would not be able to travel out of Canada for 2 years. You also may be stopped at the border but no point in mentioning that unless it happens.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Highly unlikely they will offer you the job on a work permit if they needed special permission to work there as a PR. Assume it is fo the military and usually those jobs are limited to Canadians for security reasons.

Dentist_india

Star Member
Jun 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
04-05-2011
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
Highly unlikely they will offer you the job on a work permit if they needed special permission to work there as a PR. Assume it is fo the military and usually those jobs are limited to Canadians for security reasons.
Losing an employee will put extra burden on the government as the whole process to hire new employee takes money and time. For me, it took them a year and the cost of interview process. Does Canadian national interest can go in my favor? Sorry, i am trying to explore all possibilities.

Dentist_india

Star Member
Jun 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
04-05-2011
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
Most Canadians are not aware of the details of the PR program. Did you explain that you would not be able to travel out of Canada for 2 years. You also may be stopped at the border but no point in mentioning that unless it happens.
I was also not aware that i have to live continuously for two years. I was having the impression that i will renew my PR card because of govt. job

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
It’s a fundemental requirement that a PR meet RO (you actually sign a document stating that when you apply). If you are reported, a government position won’t prevent a residency review. And it’s unlikely a government organization will actually go head to head with IRCC on a legislative matter. Essentially, you are proposing a government department circumvent the law to help you.....highly unlikely. Will establishment in Canada help if your appeal, probably, but it will depend on how it balances out with other considerations. The fact you’ve haven’t established any ties to Canada since becoming a PR doesn’t bode well, and you are now only interested because of a government job offer..... speaks volumes, but it depends on a persons perspective. All you can really do is enter Canada, hope you aren’t reported, and wait in Canada until you meet the RO until you apply for a new PR card. Travel will likely cause you issues at some point, but those are the consequences for not meeting RO.

Dentist_india

Star Member
Jun 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
04-05-2011
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
It’s a fundemental requirement that a PR meet RO (you actually sign a document stating that when you apply). If you are reported, a government position won’t prevent a residency review. And it’s unlikely a government organization will actually go head to head with IRCC on a legislative matter. Essentially, you are proposing a government department circumvent the law to help you.....highly unlikely. Will establishment in Canada help if your appeal, probably, but it will depend on how it balances out with other considerations. The fact you’ve haven’t established any ties to Canada since becoming a PR doesn’t bode well, and you are now only interested because of a government job offer..... speaks volumes, but it depends on a persons perspective. All you can really do is enter Canada, hope you aren’t reported, and wait in Canada until you meet the RO until you apply for a new PR card. Travel will likely cause you issues at some point, but those are the consequences for not meeting RO.
Thank you for your detailed reply.
I meant to say if exceptions can be made for national interest. I am now intending to live permanently in Canada and will develop ties such as buying a house, or other property. But the issue of not being able to travel will hurt my job responsibilities.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Think they will likely get angry with you for wasting their time and energy knowing you were not compliant with your RO and would not be able to travel. Seems like they already made an exception hiring you.

Dentist_india

Star Member
Jun 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
04-05-2011
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
Think they will likely get angry with you for wasting their time and energy knowing you were not compliant with your RO and would not be able to travel. Seems like they already made an exception hiring you.
I dont think that i was hired because of my PR because the position was open to everyone with preference for citizens and veterans. PR is one of the factor that they dont need to file work permit.

In fact, I was applying to jobs in canada right after getting my PR with an intention to move to Canada. It is little unfortunate that i got this job towards the end of my PR.