+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent help!!!!CBSA agent lost my COPR and other landing details

singhsukhbir

Nov 6, 2012
hello,
I did my landing at Coutts border on 27 July everything went well officer signed mine copy of COPR, I signed his and mine too and then he stamp on my passport and congratulate me on my PR on 13 Aug. when I called CIC to check my status, I got shocked when agent told me that they have nothing on system about my landing and then agent took all the details even my stamp number from my passport and said she will send this to Coutts and they will update soon, again last week I got a call from CIC that CBSA agent lost my COPR and landing details :eek: :eek: and she said officer want the copy of my COPR and passport page on which officer stamp while landing, she gave me her office fax number and said make attention to her. does anyone been in this type of scenario every before? What will be the outcome. please do reply I will truly appreciate. I am in a tense situation right now don't know what to do?.... searched a lot on internet but couldn't able to find anything like this then I thought may be someone over here can able to help. Thanks in advance :)

Fitztorious

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singhsukhbir said:
hello,
I did my landing at Coutts border on 27 July everything went well officer signed mine copy of COPR, I signed his and mine too and then he stamp on my passport and congratulate me on my PR on 13 Aug. when I called CIC to check my status, I got shocked when agent told me that they have nothing on system about my landing and then agent took all the details even my stamp number from my passport and said she will send this to Coutts and they will update soon, again last week I got a call from CIC that CBSA agent lost my COPR and landing details :eek: :eek: and she said officer want the copy of my COPR and passport page on which officer stamp while landing, she gave me her office fax number and said make attention to her. does anyone been in this type of scenario every before? What will be the outcome. please do reply I will truly appreciate. I am in a tense situation right now don't know what to do?.... searched a lot on internet but couldn't able to find anything like this then I thought may be someone over here can able to help. Thanks in advance :)
I wouldn't panic. Seems to me like an admin error which is bound to happen when they are processing tens of thousands of applications a year. I would fax a copy of your signed COPR and the passport page the border agent stamped. They will likely process it quickly once they receive it.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
It looks like a HUGE blunder than an admin error :eek:

It would of been catastrophic if the OP had lost his/her CoPR, wouldn't it? :mad:

Fitztorious said:
I wouldn't panic. Seems to me like an admin error which is bound to happen when they are processing tens of thousands of applications a year. I would fax a copy of your signed COPR and the passport page the border agent stamped. They will likely process it quickly once they receive it.

0NIKE0

Mar 4, 2015
singhsukhbir said:
hello,
WOW that's an eye opener

Fitztorious

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ZingyDNA said:
It looks like a HUGE blunder than an admin error :eek:

It would of been catastrophic if the OP had lost his/her CoPR, wouldn't it? :mad:
I actually know someone who threw out their CoPR accidentally when they received it in the mail before they landed (outside of Canada). Surprisingly, they reissued a new CoPR in about a week. So it appears that getting a new CoPR would be possible but not something I would want to go through.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Well that's quite a bit different. An unsigned CoPR can be replaced, but a signed one contains landing information vital to prove your PR status. I remember seeing the border officer enter something in the computer when I landed, so hopefully they should have something in their system, in case both copies of CoPR (CBSA's and yours) are lost..

Fitztorious said:
I actually know someone who threw out their CoPR accidentally when they received it in the mail before they landed (outside of Canada). Surprisingly, they reissued a new CoPR in about a week. So it appears that getting a new CoPR would be possible but not something I would want to go through.

singhsukhbir

Nov 6, 2012
I just end up an another call with CIC agent and he said he cant see any document updated on my profile which I send them through FAX last Wednesday and Thursday. He also said that I might take 2 week to update. when I ask him what is my status I am a Permanent Resident or not?? he said technically you are Permanent Resident just have to wait to see it online :( Don't know should I believe this or not?

Fitztorious

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ZingyDNA said:
Well that's quite a bit different. An unsigned CoPR can be replaced, but a signed one contains landing information vital to prove your PR status. I remember seeing the border officer enter something in the computer when I landed, so hopefully they should have something in their system, in case both copies of CoPR (CBSA's and yours) are lost..
Ahh okay. singhsukhbir mentioned that CIC had nothing in their system of him landing. I wonder if his PR card is being processed?

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Fitztorious said:
Ahh okay. singhsukhbir mentioned that CIC had nothing in their system of him landing. I wonder if his PR card is being processed?
If CIC doesn't have anything in their system, then I don't think the PR card is being processed. Probably the CBSA officer has to initiate the process after confirming the landing info from OP's copy of CoPR...

largepoint

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singhsukhbir said:
do you guys think i can face trouble in getting my PR CARD or even getting my status complete by CBSA/CIC?????
Relax, you should be good. They know they messed up and they won't hassle you for their mistake.

sidhu7786

Sep 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-April-2015
Doc's Request.
ITA 22-may-2015
AOR Received.
june-5-2015
Med's Done....
June-19-2015
Passport Req..
Oct-27-2015
i heard so many stories of incompetence at Coutts border.. i am in alberta as well, i am seriously considering doing my landing in BC or any other border when i get PPR.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
singhsukhbir said:
do you guys think i can face trouble in getting my PR CARD or even getting my status complete by CBSA/CIC?????
Good thing you didn't lose your copy of CoPR. Like the other poster said you should be good. It's just a matter of time for them to sort things out.