NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 12 Feb
Hi All,

I received my PPR few days ago. Mailed all photographs and passports through Xpress post from Markham to Ottawa yesterday, but the tracking number is not updated at all.
It currently shows that the item has not been entered into the system. I went to the post office where the package was mailed from, and they dont have anything to say regarding this. They could not even tell me if the package was loaded into the delivery truck or not.

I called up Canadapost support hotline and asked them to raise a ticket to investigate this. The customer service rep said that even though the tracking number is not being updated, it does not necessarily mean that the package is also lost.

What options do I have at this time? How can I contact CIC regarding this predicament? Can they tell me if they received the package or not?
I have a brain freeze right now. Any helpful pointers to ease the situation?

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
That sucks

I would suggest to be calm and give Canada post a day or two to figure out what actually happened. It is a big thing but a human error too. I'm hopeful that they will find it soon. You have the receipt for the post so you can always question them about whereabouts of your passport(s). They won't do anything on weekend. But they should have an answer by Tuesday. You'll get through this don't worry.

lyndon3009

Sep 12, 2015
funmohan said:
Hi All,

I received my PPR few days ago. Mailed all photographs and passports through Xpress post from Markham to Ottawa yesterday, but the tracking number is not updated at all.
It currently shows that the item has not been entered into the system. I went to the post office where the package was mailed from, and they dont have anything to say regarding this. They could not even tell me if the package was loaded into the delivery truck or not.

I called up Canadapost support hotline and asked them to raise a ticket to investigate this. The customer service rep said that even though the tracking number is not being updated, it does not necessarily mean that the package is also lost.

What options do I have at this time? How can I contact CIC regarding this predicament? Can they tell me if they received the package or not?
I have a brain freeze right now. Any helpful pointers to ease the situation?
I happened to me also, just a few days ago. What I did:

- Got really angry with Canada Post Customer Service Rep.
- Email CPC to confirm the receipt of my passport.
- Call CIC directly and asked about my passport.

=> CIC confirmed by phone that a note was left there saying that my travel documents were received. One day later CPC replied to my email confirming they received my passport.

Maybe you could try to do the same.

Good luck!!

funmohan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 12 Feb
lyndon3009 said:
I happened to me also, just a few days ago. What I did:

- Got really angry with Canada Post Customer Service Rep.
- Email CPC to confirm the receipt of my passport.
- Call CIC directly and asked about my passport.

=> CIC confirmed by phone that a note was left there saying that my travel documents were received. One day later CPC replied to my email confirming they received my passport.

Maybe you could try to do the same.

Good luck!!
Thank you Lyndonn, what email address did you use to contact CPC?

lucky1987

May 16, 2016
Hi funmohan, same happened with me. I have sent my passport to CPC ottawa. But tracking o canada post still says no delivered. Called CIC today..they have not confirmed receipt of my passports.

jasonmac5

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2015
AOR Received.
31-12-2015
Med's Done....
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
Hello guys...Same thing happened to me as well. The explanation that Canada Post gave me was that when they do bulk delivery to CPC sometimes the tracking information won't get updated. And from reading other posts here in the forum, I think it is a common phenomenon. I gave CIC a call to ask them if they got my passport. The first agent asked me to call Canada Post. I called again and the next agent said that they did indeed get my passport and it has gone for printing.

Also you can keep a track of your application status. If it changes to approved and closed, it definitely means they have your passport. Best of Luck. ;D

lucky1987

May 16, 2016
Thank you jason. I called cic as well. The person said he did not see passport in my file yet. I am worried

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
lucky1987 said:
Thank you jason. I called cic as well. The person said he did not see passport in my file yet. I am worried
Keep checking in with IRCC and Canada Post and keep us updated.

Wish you all the best of luck!

Hope your passport turns up soon.

RQQ

Nov 1, 2019
Hi,

I'm in a similar situation. CPP Ottawa said they mailed my passport back to me yesterday. But so far the tracker isn't activated. Do you still remember what ended up happening with your passport?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi,

I'm in a similar situation. CPP Ottawa said they mailed my passport back to me yesterday. But so far the tracker isn't activated. Do you still remember what ended up happening with your passport?
Folks got their passport delivered in cases above