+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help about PR please

adm034

May 14, 2010
Hi, I have landed on April 3rd and have already obtained my medical & Social Security Insurance cards. I was told that my PR card will arrive in the mail in 30 days, but it did not arrive till today (14 May) after 6 weeks. I need to leave Canada for an emergency as I can't wait until I get my PR card, but I plan to return in 2 months. My question is: would I lose my PR status if I leave without the card? Can I get a travel document that will allow me to come back to Canada from the Canadian Embassy in my country, or will they ask me about the reasons for my departure without the PR card?

Thanks for your help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

adm034 said:
Hi, I have landed on April 3rd and have already obtained my medical & Social Security Insurance cards. I was told that my PR card will arrive in the mail in 30 days, but it did not arrive till today (14 May) after 6 weeks. I need to leave Canada for an emergency as I can't wait until I get my PR card, but I plan to return in 2 months. My question is: would I lose my PR status if I leave without the card? Can I get a travel document that will allow me to come back to Canada from the Canadian Embassy in my country, or will they ask me about the reasons for my departure without the PR card?

Thanks for your help.
1. No.
2. Yes, they won't question it. As long as you meet the requirement of residing for 2 years in every 5.

adm034

May 14, 2010
Thanks much PMM. I am working with an immigration agency that have helped me throughout the process, but they kept insisting that is very dangerous to leave Canada without the PR cards and that asking for travel document to enable me to come back will make the CIC put me under scrutiny going forward. I have asked them to receive the PR card from my address and send it to me by courier and they claimed it is illegal to do so. They also claimed that I will be asked to present my PR card in the airport when I departure Canada.

Obviously, I was given wrong information for very long time.

Many thanks again. :mad:

amritsinghqa

Jan 7, 2010
adm034 said:

Thanks for your help.
Hi,

u need to get a travel document from CHC .. request for that travel document and then leave Canada...

adm034

May 14, 2010
Hi,

What is CHC -- I live in Dubai and thought I can get a travel document from Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi based on earlier posts in this forum - right?

adm034

May 14, 2010
adm034 said:
Hi,

What is CHC -- I live in Dubai and thought I can get a travel document from Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi based on earlier posts in this forum - right?
Hi Amritsinghqa, Did you mean CIC?

dentistusa

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
adm034 said:

Thanks for your help.
I have landed in Toronto on March 26th and i didn't receive my PR card yet too !!!!!!it is 53 days now !!!!

and the health card (OHIP) the told u have to wait 90 days to receive it!!!!

how did u get in 30 days?

azir

Mar 22, 2010
hi there,
im havin the same prob
i landed on 7th april n left canada in 10 days(it was an urgent unplanned trip as our medicals were going to b expired)but till now we have not received our prc on the address given at the airport
i just wanted to knw if any1 has applied for travel documnt to renter in canada.
im residing in dubai n want to knw how much time b4 shuld we apply for pr documnet as r seats r booked in 1st week of july.
please help me out im really desperate now

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
azir said:
hi there,
im havin the same prob
i landed on 7th april n left canada in 10 days(it was an urgent unplanned trip as our medicals were going to b expired)but till now we have not received our prc on the address given at the airport
i just wanted to knw if any1 has applied for travel documnt to renter in canada.
im residing in dubai n want to knw how much time b4 shuld we apply for pr documnet as r seats r booked in 1st week of july.
please help me out im really desperate now
Hi Azir and others,
Did you sirt out this issue? Any body who have applied and got travel document from Abu Dhabi?

Thanks

mar29

Aug 29, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I send my renewal application for PR card on March 2010. How long is the processing time? Because I need to leave first week of January 2011? Do they have any contact number I can call and follow-up if they receive my application? I'm just worried, if they received it or not. Please help.

Thanks!