+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT : Having problem with Wife's Visa

armbd

Feb 10, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have a problem regarding my wife's visa. I have received visa for my master degree but my wife got rejected two times. Now if I go to Canada and after that I want my wife to go there with spouse visa, is that possible. What are the chances? Do you know any of such situation? Please let me know.

Really Tensed. Else I have to drop my admission and visa!!!

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kindly share profile.

Did u showing living for 2 in this case

what was reason for rejection 2 times

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you mean that she was denied OWP or what?
Only Canadian PR holders and citizens are eligible to sponsor their relatives under family class stream. And you still get a long road ahead of you before you get this status. Are you ok with the idea to live apart from your wife for, say, three and a half years?

armbd

Feb 10, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, let me describe the scenario to you. Me and my wife we both applied for different master's program in different universities and got selected. I got my visa but she got rejected. They said that she could not satisfy them that she'll come back after completion of her degree. So now she decided not to join the program. Now she is planning to apply for TRV to accompany me. Now I want to know if this is possible or again she will face rejection. If you can guide me that would be so helpful for me.

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
was her education and the new program in continuation.

did she show single and apply for visa or did she show you as employed in home country.

what you could do is apply for open work permit or even visit visa for time being.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's better to apply for OWP, because this visa gives more options than that of the ordinary visitor. I won't speculate about her chances though, as she must demonstrate to the VO that her life circumstances have changed since her last attempt to obtain a TRV, eliminating the reason for which her application was rejected last time.

armbd

Feb 10, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
propain said:
was her education and the new program in continuation.

Yes.

did she show single and apply for visa or did she show you as employed in home country.

no she showed herself married and me working here in my home country.

what you could do is apply for open work permit or even visit visa for time being.

OK... but they will again say the same thing that you'll not return.

armbd

Feb 10, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
It's better to apply for OWP, because this visa gives more options than that of the ordinary visitor. I won't speculate about her chances though, as she must demonstrate to the VO that her life circumstances have changed since her last attempt to obtain a TRV, eliminating the reason for which her application was rejected last time.
Is she eligible for applying OWP. As she is still in Bangladesh with me and if I leave the country in August can she travel with me or she has to travel later? I am not sure about the OWP thing. Can you please guide me?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she gets her visa (and you already have your SP) then she will need to enter Canada in a period of time which will be shown on her OPWP or TRV (whatever she applies for and gets)