+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[URGENT] Has anyone done landing at border with a canada born child w/o pp ?

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi folks,

We have received our COPR couple of days back and planning to do the landing at Rainbow bridge Niagra falls on Sat or Sun.

However we have a confusion, our newborn baby is 4 months old and is a Canadian citizen with passport yet to apply and only Birth Certificate.

Can we do the PR landing at the border with our baby (having only birth certificate and no passport). Will there be any issues while crossing the US border or entering back the Canadian border?

Please help us if anyone has been in our shoes, since we do not want to take chances and unnecessary tension at the border with the baby .

Thanks in advance

Mak

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've done it before. I was asked only baby's passport. I am not sure about your case.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian cirizens can travel to USA with birth certificate only if the travel is by land. Check USA-Canada travel for Canadians by land.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can take someone go to the border with you and leave a baby with them at the car park, there's no any issue. One of my friend did it.

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doda said:
Canadian cirizens can travel to USA with birth certificate only if the travel is by land. Check USA-Canada travel for Canadians by land.
Yes, you are correct that's what I read on the US border website.. problem is what happens if we return back to Canada with our baby who is without the pp and only Canadian birth certificate. I did not find any information in cbsa website about the same.

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Meya06 said:
You can take someone go to the border with you and leave a baby with them at the car park, there's no any issue. One of my friend did it.
Yes, I am aware. But I do not have anyone who is willing to take care of my baby while we do our landing.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Makolutus said:
Yes, you are correct that's what I read on the US border website.. problem is what happens if we return back to Canada with our baby who is without the pp and only Canadian birth certificate. I did not find any information in cbsa website about the same.
Exact same. Canada is his/her country.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know a Canadian adult who forgot his passport and birth certificate while flagpoling with his wife. He had a tough time at the US border, eventually they let hom go after calling their counterparts on the Canadian border and identified him with driver's license. :D

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are not in a hurry, you should wait a couple more weeks for your child's passport.

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you have any info folks on my above query who have visited Rainbow or Peace bridge inside Canada?

TIA