+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent grant of citizenship request

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Based on the conversations going on here I feel like a normal grant of citizenship can take around 12 months after applying and urgent grant of citizenship could be 3-4 months depending on the backlog.

I work in IT for a known fortune 500 company here in Toronto and my company requires me to travel sometimes to different countries, currently I have visas on my non-Canadian passport which helps me travel but having Canadian passport is better because it provides visa on arrival or visa-free travel to many countries.

Do you think if my company provides a letter that I require Canadian passport for easy travel, CIC will accept the case as urgent? The reason I ask is if its a very weak argument then I would not like to ask the hiring manager for it and would just simply put an ordinary application.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
It is a pretty weak argument unless you work for the government.

fzy951113

Dec 6, 2017
Based on the conversations going on here I feel like a normal grant of citizenship can take around 12 months after applying and urgent grant of citizenship could be 3-4 months depending on the backlog.

I work in IT for a known fortune 500 company here in Toronto and my company requires me to travel sometimes to different countries, currently I have visas on my non-Canadian passport which helps me travel but having Canadian passport is better because it provides visa on arrival or visa-free travel to many countries.

Do you think if my company provides a letter that I require Canadian passport for easy travel, CIC will accept the case as urgent? The reason I ask is if its a very weak argument then I would not like to ask the hiring manager for it and would just simply put an ordinary application.
Not possible. Don't bother trying. If that qualifies for urgent processing then I'm pretty sure 90% of applicants can figure out a similar way for a urgent request.

Reactions: awai ali

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
I would say to go ahead and try it, no harm.
Worst case is that they process your case 'normally'. You never know unless you try.
Go for it, include documentation from your company

frange

May 25, 2018
I would say to go ahead and try it, no harm.
Worst case is that they process your case 'normally'. You never know unless you try.
Go for it, include documentation from your company
Based on my experience, he doesn't need to try since citizenship is not a primary criteria for this job. Travel abroad is not acceptable for this matter unless you have an emergency and unable to get your country's passport.

My citizenship application was accepted at the second stage after receiving a conditional employment offer from the federal government.
It will be a waste of time if he decides to apply for a fast tracking process.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
I agree with frange, unless it is one of the reasons listed on the website, please restrain from trying it.
I've seen on this forum so many people tried it and none are successful as far as I know. It not only takes resources from an already overload IRCC system, but also causes even more delays in the application process for other people.
Follow the rules like everyone else.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
No harm in trying, it may work. But if he doesn't try, he would never know.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
No harm in trying, it may work. But if he doesn't try, he would never know.
There is harm in trying, though, because as the OP pointed out, he/she would have to gather additional documentation. So there is extra effort with almost guaranteed no benefit.

Reactions: foodie69

click.trick

May 22, 2014
Chilliwack, BC
there is no harm in trying, you have to try your best to convince the officer that its a genuine case for urgent processing, if he/she was not convinced it will get processed normally.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
There is harm in trying, though, because as the OP pointed out, he/she would have to gather additional documentation. So there is extra effort with almost guaranteed no benefit.
I agree..waste of resources for no good reason. The application goes to the bottom of the pile.