+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*URGENT* Got laid off(shortage of work), very close to become PR

Zver

Mar 26, 2014
Hi all,

I applied for PR under Provincial Nominee Program. Since 4 days ago, my e-cas status says Decision Made. I am expecting to receive PPR request any day now.

I started this thread because I have a huge problem.

My employer is out of work and today he laid me off and gave me Record Of Employment. Reason is Shortage of work.
He can not afford to pay me any more.

My concern is:

Will this affect my PR application since I am so close to becoming a Permanent Resident?
What should I do in a situation like this? Just wait for PPR request since decision is made or should I notify somebody?

Please seniors advise. I am very worried.

Regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It would probably make more sense to post your question to the Provincial Nomination section of this forum and also indicate under which provincial program you have applied:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/provincial-nomination-program-immigration-b6.0/

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zver said:
Hi all,

I applied for PR under Provincial Nominee Program. Since 4 days ago, my e-cas status says Decision Made. I am expecting to receive PPR request any day now.

I started this thread because I have a huge problem.

My employer is out of work and today he laid me off and gave me Record Of Employment. Reason is Shortage of work.
He can not afford to pay me any more.

My concern is:

Will this affect my PR application since I am so close to becoming a Permanent Resident?
What should I do in a situation like this? Just wait for PPR request since decision is made or should I notify somebody?

Please seniors advise. I am very worried.

Regards
No it won't affect anything as far as I know.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your PNP application was based on that job, working for that employer and made with his support, then it could affect your PR application if the PNP finds out you are no longer working there. Can you talk your employer into making it a temporary lay off? That way, if asked, you can always say you hope to go back when he has work again.