Med's Done....
18th Sept 2017
Passport Req..
9th November 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13th November 2017
LANDED..........
4th December 2017
Hi, my husband and me landed in Toronto on 4th December, we were unable to apply for SIN number at the airport so we were told to get it at any service canada centre. Sadly my husband fell sick and we couldnt go out for 2 days.
We shifted to Montreal, quebec on the today since we didnt like toronto much, my question is, I am gng to service canada centre today for sin, there shouldn’t be any issue right?! Please reply

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi, my husband and me landed in Toronto on 4th December, we were unable to apply for SIN number at the airport so we were told to get it at any service canada centre. Sadly my husband fell sick and we couldnt go out for 2 days.
We shifted to Montreal, quebec on the today since we didnt like toronto much, my question is, I am gng to service canada centre today for sin, there shouldn’t be any issue right?! Please reply
No it shouldn't be an issue. You can use your landing papers at service canada to get SIN.

Reactions: Canada18

Canada18

Sep 11, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pune
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
12th Oct 2017
Med's Done....
18th Sept 2017
Passport Req..
9th November 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13th November 2017
LANDED..........
4th December 2017
No it shouldn't be an issue. You can use your landing papers at service canada to get SIN.
Your info is correct! We got our sin in 2 mins! Thank you so much, your answer was a relief before we went there. Also, What about health card?

Also, we asked for services, but the sin officer said these services are only for ppl applying through quebec immigration system, so now what to we do? Any idea about services for fsw applicants in quebec?? Thanks a lot

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Your info is correct! We got our sin in 2 mins! Thank you so much, your answer was a relief before we went there. Also, What about health card?

Also, we asked for services, but the sin officer said these services are only for ppl applying through quebec immigration system, so now what to we do? Any idea about services for fsw applicants in quebec?? Thanks a lot

It seems like you cannot apply online to get a Quebec Health Card. You should read through this link.

http://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/citizens/health-insurance/registration/Pages/how-to-register.aspx

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Because you didn't apply to the FSW Quebec program (which is different from the rest of the country) you don't qualify for various immigration settlement services offered by the province.

Canada18

Sep 11, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pune
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
12th Oct 2017
Med's Done....
18th Sept 2017
Passport Req..
9th November 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13th November 2017
LANDED..........
4th December 2017
Because you didn't apply to the FSW Quebec program (which is different from the rest of the country) you don't qualify for various immigration settlement services offered by the province.
Yes I sadly realise that, is there any references for free services inspite of that?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not likely. You will have to ask around if there may be some other non-profit programs not supported by the province.