+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent!!Few days left to Apply PR,Contradictory information in work, Seniors&Experts please Help.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
LOE with pay stubs showing that you worked until August 2015.
This is the best advice. I would also try to get a letter from the employer clarifying the issue. Add something in your LOE to CIC stating, "If more clarification is needed from the employer, I will be happy to provide it," and hope this buys you time to get everything together from the employer.

Reactions: Karan22

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But why would they search employment history in Study visa file ? Study visa has got to do nothing permanent residence, not even work permit. There is not even a specific column in study visa file to upload work history. I seriously do not think they would dig so deep.
The answer is quite simple. To compare your declarations. It can hardly take any longer to check what you reported in your study permit. I don't think that's a huge burden. Besides, you should always be truthful, so if there is evidence to doubt that your claims are true or that your documents are authentic, then you will receive more scrutiny. Looking at your past application (and possibly the notes) is probably the easiest enquiry they could make into your background.

Reactions: Karan22

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
I personally think, you should not send any LOE now as it will only raise red flags before hand.
If CIC has any doubts they will definitely ask you for an explanation and proofs if necessary.
But I would suggest you to attach your pay stubs showing your employment till August 2015 and any other documentation like reliving letters etc. to make it more clear. Also do attach the Business card of your Employer, it will make easier for them to verify your details.
Also make sure the correct dates are clearly mentioned in your reference letter.

Reactions: shagunsangwan

Mohammad Wally

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Calling out for a help!, Dear All,

I am in a very tricky situation. I am applying for FSW from Bangladesh. But back in 2014, when I was granted for study permit application in Canada, I didn't provide my work experience for the period, 2012 November to 2013 December, as time was a bottle neck for me.And also the company told me it would take a month for them to provide the letters. And it was impossible for me to get the tax clearance certificate. Because I was accepted through an event directly held my Canadian representative and had only 2 month before applying. Now that I am claiming points for that 1 year experience, will it be a problem? I have gathered all the documents. I cleared my TAX and got the clearance certificate for that fiscal year.
I am currently working in the same company again in Bangladesh and also holding a PGWP.

Karan22

May 28, 2017
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney

I am in a very tricky situation. I am applying for FSW from Bangladesh. But back in 2014, when I was granted for study permit application in Canada, I didn't provide my work experience for the period, 2012 November to 2013 December, as time was a bottle neck for me.And also the company told me it would take a month for them to provide the letters. And it was impossible for me to get the tax clearance certificate. Because I was accepted through an event directly held my Canadian representative and had only 2 month before applying. Now that I am claiming points for that 1 year experience, will it be a problem? I have gathered all the documents. I cleared my TAX and got the clearance certificate for that fiscal year.
I am currently working in the same company again in Bangladesh and also holding a PGWP.
As long as you left the column for work experience blank, and there is no adverse information from your side, you are good to go.
also you should not have given any gap year affidavit etc. to cover the time you were doing job in your study permit application, to cover that time period.
As long as there is no contradictory information, there is no problem, because it is not mandatory to show your work experience your your study file.

shagunsangwan

Jul 11, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
A

Hi
We are in the same boat.
I had not mentioned any work history in Study visa file because my counsellor suggested that work experience is a negative factor for study visa but I had one year work experience at that time nor did I put any explanation for one year gap, so technically I didnt tell truth but I didnt lie as well as it was left blank.
I hope everything will work out smooth for us.
All the best to you.

Mohammad Wally

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Hi
We are in the same boat.
I had not mentioned any work history in Study visa file because my counsellor suggested that work experience is a negative factor for study visa but I had one year work experience at that time nor did I put any explanation for one year gap, so technically I didnt tell truth but I didnt lie as well as it was left blank.
I hope everything will work out smooth for us.
All the best to you.
Are you writing a LOE for this?I am writing a LOE to explain the situation.

shagunsangwan

Jul 11, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
A
Are you writing a LOE for this?I am writing a LOE to explain the situation.
I think adding such explanations will only make the case complicated.
Adding work history in study visa application is only on a generic form and not a mandatory requirement for study visa. So when it wasnt needed we didnt show it. Now when its absolutely required for EE we are disclosing it.

To keep it short, I am planning to skip any extra explanations

bgpatel

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hello

This is a very urgent and important question, please read carefully and help.

I am applying for Canada PR under FSW, got my ITA, few days left to expire, so currently filing my file. A huge error and contradiction has just come up.

I had applied for Canadian Study Visa in August 2015, I got my Visa went to Canada but came back in October 2015 due to family reasons. Then I applied now for Express Entry and got my ITA.

My job experience details are as- I worked from 1st August 2014 to 5th August 2015 in a company and then again re-joined the same company in November 2015 and left the job on 1st September 2016. I am currently doing Ph.D.

The anomaly that happened is that I also attached my work Experience with my study visa file, and in that document though I was currently working, my HR has mentioned my Job Period as 1st August 2014 to 30th April 2015, 30th April 2015 was the date I obtained my Reference letter from HR in order to mail it to the University I applied. I just took the document and sent it, did not check it for such errors that it had not clearly mentioned me as currently working and made it look like that i worked till 30th April only, though it is nowhere mentioned that I was relived of my services in that letter. Where as in my relieving letter and Experience letter issued by the CEO my dates of employment are clearly mentioned as 1st august 2014 to 5th August 2015. But as I needed some document before hand to send it to the University I asked HR to issue one. I while applying Visa also attached the very same, as company doesn’t issues documents again and again. Never thought this would cause such a huge problem.

Later the consultant from whom I filed my study visa, filled the details of my work, according to the same document in personal history form for study visa.

I discovered this error while uploading my documents yesterday, as I had taken out my old student visa file to check if I needed to fill anything from there in my PR file.

I am not attaching that document now with my file as it is not needed. But I am worried that CIC might check my old file and might consider it contradictory. What should I do to make this right?

Now, I do have the reliving letter from the company clearly stating that I left my job on 5th August 2015, I have the references also, salary slips also and I am also attaching the business card of my CEO with all other experience documents.

My question is that-

1. Will CIC check old study visa file forms and documents for sure?

2. Will they consider this as contradictory information and straight away reject my file? Or will call my company first to clarify?

3. Should I attach any explanation before hand from me or from the company regarding HR’s error? Or apply normally with all documents and let it be on CIC to decide.

My consultant has advised me to attach all documents normally without mentioning anything about the old document, as he is saying that maybe CIC won’t look much into it and I will highlight the issue unnecessarily.

I have put my entire life into this, been waiting 5 years, don’t want to lose this because of this mistake. Please help and advise.

Seniors and experts please help. URGENT my last date is almost there, Please.

Hello Karan,

I am in the same situation. I mistakenly submitted the wrong date in the experience letter when I applied for student visa and now starting process for PR in Canada. Stardate and end-date are the same and correct in the student visa application form. It's just mention of full-time/part-time period in experience letter which contradicts the reality. I don't want to lose my points for the hard-earned home-country experience at the same time I don't want to confuse the officer by adding additional details if it's not necessary.

again, the start date and end date in the student visa form is the same (which is true). I just screwed up the employment letter I submitted while applying for the student visa which I regret and scares the hell out of me.

What did you do? and did you have a problem with the situation you had?

If anyone has any suggestions then please reply. Thanks.

Timfem2040

Feb 11, 2021
Hello Karan,

I am in the same situation. I mistakenly submitted the wrong date in the experience letter when I applied for student visa and now starting process for PR in Canada. Stardate and end-date are the same and correct in the student visa application form. It's just mention of full-time/part-time period in experience letter which contradicts the reality. I don't want to lose my points for the hard-earned home-country experience at the same time I don't want to confuse the officer by adding additional details if it's not necessary.

again, the start date and end date in the student visa form is the same (which is true). I just screwed up the employment letter I submitted while applying for the student visa which I regret and scares the hell out of me.

What did you do? and did you have a problem with the situation you had?

If anyone has any suggestions then please reply. Thanks.
Same here, did you get this resolved ? What did you do