+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent!!Few days left to Apply PR,Contradictory information in work, Seniors&Experts please Help.

Karan22

May 28, 2017
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Hello

This is a very urgent and important question, please read carefully and help.

I am applying for Canada PR under FSW, got my ITA, few days left to expire, so currently filing my file. A huge error and contradiction has just come up.

I had applied for Canadian Study Visa in August 2015, I got my Visa went to Canada but came back in October 2015 due to family reasons. Then I applied now for Express Entry and got my ITA.

My job experience details are as- I worked from 1st August 2014 to 5th August 2015 in a company and then again re-joined the same company in November 2015 and left the job on 1st September 2016. I am currently doing Ph.D.

The anomaly that happened is that I also attached my work Experience with my study visa file, and in that document though I was currently working, my HR has mentioned my Job Period as 1st August 2014 to 30th April 2015, 30th April 2015 was the date I obtained my Reference letter from HR in order to mail it to the University I applied. I just took the document and sent it, did not check it for such errors that it had not clearly mentioned me as currently working and made it look like that i worked till 30th April only, though it is nowhere mentioned that I was relived of my services in that letter. Where as in my relieving letter and Experience letter issued by the CEO my dates of employment are clearly mentioned as 1st august 2014 to 5th August 2015. But as I needed some document before hand to send it to the University I asked HR to issue one. I while applying Visa also attached the very same, as company doesn’t issues documents again and again. Never thought this would cause such a huge problem.

Later the consultant from whom I filed my study visa, filled the details of my work, according to the same document in personal history form for study visa.

I discovered this error while uploading my documents yesterday, as I had taken out my old student visa file to check if I needed to fill anything from there in my PR file.

I am not attaching that document now with my file as it is not needed. But I am worried that CIC might check my old file and might consider it contradictory. What should I do to make this right?

Now, I do have the reliving letter from the company clearly stating that I left my job on 5th August 2015, I have the references also, salary slips also and I am also attaching the business card of my CEO with all other experience documents.

My question is that-

1. Will CIC check old study visa file forms and documents for sure?

2. Will they consider this as contradictory information and straight away reject my file? Or will call my company first to clarify?

3. Should I attach any explanation before hand from me or from the company regarding HR’s error? Or apply normally with all documents and let it be on CIC to decide.

My consultant has advised me to attach all documents normally without mentioning anything about the old document, as he is saying that maybe CIC won’t look much into it and I will highlight the issue unnecessarily.

I have put my entire life into this, been waiting 5 years, don’t want to lose this because of this mistake. Please help and advise.

Seniors and experts please help. URGENT my last date is almost there, Please.

Last edited:

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

This is a very urgent and important question, please read carefully and help.

I am applying for Canada PR under FSW, got my ITA, few days left to expire, so currently filing my file. A huge error and contradiction has just come up.

I had applied for Canadian Study Visa in August 2015, I got my Visa went to Canada but came back in October 2015 due to family reasons. Then I applied now for Express Entry and got my ITA.

My job experience details are as- I worked from 1st August 2014 to 5th August 2015 in a company and then again re-joined the same company in November 2015 and left the job on 1st September 2016. I am currently doing Ph.D.

The anomaly that happened is that I also attached my work Experience with my study visa file, and in that document though I was currently working, my HR has mentioned my Job Period as 1st August 2014 to 30th April 2015, 30th April 2015 was the date I obtained my Reference letter from HR in order to mail it to the University I applied. I just took the document and sent it, did not check it for such errors that it had not clearly mentioned me as currently working and made it look like that i worked till 30th April only, though it is nowhere mentioned that I was relived of my services in that letter. Where as in my relieving letter and Experience letter issued by the CEO my dates of employment are clearly mentioned as 1st august 2014 to 5th August 2015. But as I needed some document before hand to send it to the University I asked HR to issue one. I while applying Visa also attached the very same, as company doesn’t issues documents again and again. Never thought this would cause such a huge problem.

Later the consultant from whom I filed my study visa, filled the details of my work, according to the same document in personal history form for study visa.

I discovered this error while uploading my documents yesterday, as I had taken out my old student visa file to check if I needed to fill anything from there in my PR file.

I am not attaching that document now with my file as it is not needed. But I am worried that CIC might check my old file and might consider it contradictory. What should I do to make this right?

Now, I do have the reliving letter from the company clearly stating that I left my job on 5th August 2015, I have the references also, salary slips also and I am also attaching the business card of my CEO with all other experience documents.

My question is that-

1. Will CIC check old study visa file forms and documents for sure?

2. Will they consider this as contradictory information and straight away reject my file? Or will call my company first to clarify?

3. Should I attach any explanation before hand from me or from the company regarding HR’s error? Or apply normally with all documents and let it be on CIC to decide.

My consultant has advised me to attach all documents normally without mentioning anything about the old document, as he is saying that maybe CIC won’t look much into it and I will highlight the issue unnecessarily.

I have put my entire life into this, been waiting 5 years, don’t want to lose this because of this mistake. Please help and advise.

Seniors and experts please help. URGENT my last date is almost there, Please.
-- IRCC is planning to give you a new identity and a new home place forever, where who knows you will be a president, or mayor, or intelligence officer, do you think they will ignore! No you can not risk it !

-- If you don't have the good explanation and if they checked this you are not going to Canada !

-- You will have to get new HR letters explaining the date of your relief. You will also attach the older letter, and explain them that you have been given a visa in past based on the old letter. You could write that when you carefully looked at the letter, the tone of the letter seems like I have resigned by that date which is not true. Your employment continued with the same employer until the date xx-xx-xxxx, so you wanted to correct the impression and thus a new letter from HR is attached.

They need to mark this correct information as an important point, so in case they are going to cross check documents, they will have explanation of what has been done in past ! A great LoE to make matters easily understandable is the key for you. With this information you are not misrepresenting yourself at all !

G Luck

Reactions: Karan22

Karan22

May 28, 2017
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
-- IRCC is planning to give you a new identity and a new home place forever, where who knows you will be a president, or mayor, or intelligence officer, do you think they will ignore! No you can not risk it !

-- If you don't have the good explanation and if they checked this you are not going to Canada !

-- You will have to get new HR letters explaining the date of your relief. You will also attach the older letter, and explain them that you have been given a visa in past based on the old letter. You could write that when you carefully looked at the letter, the tone of the letter seems like I have resigned by that date which is not true. Your employment continued with the same employer until the date xx-xx-xxxx, so you wanted to correct the impression and thus a new letter from HR is attached.

They need to mark this correct information as an important point, so in case they are going to cross check documents, they will have explanation of what has been done in past ! A great LoE to make matters easily understandable is the key for you. With this information you are not misrepresenting yourself at all !

G Luck
Thank you so much for your help.
I was advised by someone that CIC will later ask me for explanation, ( So I was planning on applying normally and then when CIC asked anything I can get them a letter from CEO explaining the error) , so by what you said it means that they can straight away reject without seeking any explanation so i should attach that before hand only?
Also, the HR that issued me the old letter has left the company in 2016, should i get the new letter from CEO??, who has issued me the reliving certificate on whicg date of my reliving is clearly mentioned...

Please kindly reply

Mohammad Wally

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
I was advised by someone that CIC will later ask me for explanation, ( So I was planning on applying normally and then when CIC asked anything I can get them a letter from CEO explaining the error) , so by what you said it means that they can straight away reject without seeking any explanation so i should attach that before hand only?
Also, the HR that issued me the old letter has left the company in 2016, should i get the new letter from CEO??, who has issued me the reliving certificate on whicg date of my reliving is clearly mentioned...

Please kindly reply
I will advice you to write a LOE stating every situation of yours. I have seen cases where this LOE changed everything. Trust me, LOE helps a lot!

shagunsangwan

Jul 11, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
A
Below is my personal understanding on this issue :

It is highly improbable that they will check each page of old applications. I think the VO has plenty of applications to process and it is very time consuming to process information on each and every page. As per my understanding they scroll through the pages just like a teacher checks answer sheets pretty fast. So I think chances are that you will pass through that error in dates until you specifically put some information there asking VO to look into the dates. I would suggest you to take the chance

My situation is similar like you, I came here on study visa now on WP and entering the pool as FSW with one year work experience. I had not mentioned my work experience in my study visa file since CIC didnt ask specifically so i didnt add any work experience. Now when its mandatory I will add it and hope to get PR.
Best of luck to both of us, cannot miss this chance. :)

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Please kindly reply
If your CEO is nice enough, and he could write your employment details as well as the clarification for the letter issued earlier then this is ideal !

Letter of Explanations are written to avoid any unexpected situations, and you should use it to your advantage. So yes it has to be before hand ! Letter from the CEO or manager as long as it has all the necessary details is enough !

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

It is highly improbable that they will check each page of old applications. I think the VO has plenty of applications to process and it is very time consuming to process information on each and every page. As per my understanding they scroll through the pages just like a teacher checks answer sheets pretty fast. So I think chances are that you will pass through that error in dates until you specifically put some information there asking VO to look into the dates. I would suggest you to take the chance

My situation is similar like you, I came here on study visa now on WP and entering the pool as FSW with one year work experience. I had not mentioned my work experience in my study visa file since CIC didnt ask specifically so i didnt add any work experience. Now when its mandatory I will add it and hope to get PR.
I agree that VO will just skim and scan most of the applications as they are all human beings like us, but sometimes when our own stakes are high, we should be careful ! Someone will sit and regret that very moment in case that someone is not that lucky !

shagunsangwan

Jul 11, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
A
I agree that VO will just skim and scan most of the applications as they are all human beings like us, but sometimes when our own stakes are high, we should be careful ! Someone will sit and regret that very moment in case that someone is not that lucky !
Right, but I think both the cases are risky for him.
If he tells VO specifically about that then also makes a complicated case for VO and God knows what decision he/she makes at that moment.
Also, please suggest me also. same case like him but I hadn't mentioned my work history in Study visa file, I didnt mention anything else in place of work, so technically I didnt lie.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

This probably is not the best advice. Yes VO is human, but they are tasked with due diligence and must follow up on all details of an application to their satisfaction. Dates are especially scrutinized because they greatly affect eligibility and points.

Ideally, you would get the letter of reference from the CEO explaining the dates of your employment. It is not uncommon to have a letter that was dated when the letter was issued, and this date may not align with your actual employment dates later.

It is not necessary that your work history in your study permit application match your work history in eAPR.

Do not wait for IRCC to ask for additional documents. Submit everything you have now and be detailed in your LOE. If you can't get the letter soon enough, you can even explain the issue with your study permit work history and show that you have requested the letter from CEO. It can be submitted later via CSE.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right, but I think both the cases are risky for him.
If he tells VO specifically about that then also makes a complicated case for VO and God knows what decision he/she makes at that moment.
Also, please suggest me also. same case like him but I hadn't mentioned my work history in Study visa file, I didnt mention anything else in place of work, so technically I didnt lie.
I will be in a good position to advise anything If I know the details. I am not able to relate OP case with yours. My understanding is if you have not lied you are safe. in Canada work experience during studies does not count !

shagunsangwan

Jul 11, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
A
I will be in a good position to advise anything If I know the details. I am not able to relate OP case with yours. My understanding is if you have not lied you are safe. in Canada work experience during studies does not count !
I mean just like OP I had worked in India before and then came to Canada on a study permit. But unlike OP who mentioned his work history in study visa file, I didnt mention my work history in study visa file, and now I will mention it in the PR file.

shagunsangwan

Jul 11, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
A
This probably is not the best advice. Yes VO is human, but they are tasked with due diligence and must follow up on all details of an application to their satisfaction. Dates are especially scrutinized because they greatly affect eligibility and points.

Ideally, you would get the letter of reference from the CEO explaining the dates of your employment. It is not uncommon to have a letter that was dated when the letter was issued, and this date may not align with your actual employment dates later.

It is not necessary that your work history in your study permit application match your work history in eAPR.

Do not wait for IRCC to ask for additional documents. Submit everything you have now and be detailed in your LOE. If you can't get the letter soon enough, you can even explain the issue with your study permit work history and show that you have requested the letter from CEO. It can be submitted later via CSE.
But why would they search employment history in Study visa file ? Study visa has got to do nothing permanent residence, not even work permit. There is not even a specific column in study visa file to upload work history. I seriously do not think they would dig so deep.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I mean just like OP I had worked in India before and then came to Canada on a study permit. But unlike OP who mentioned his work history in study visa file, I didnt mention my work history in study visa file, and now I will mention it in the PR file.
I understand now.. As you say there was no place in study visa file to show work history, and you did not show, and that is how it should be. You did a right thing !

In your work history and personal history you can provide work history to claim points and that is how PR application would work. It is our own choice to mention a work history and to claim points for that work experience or to make it a part of personal history and claim no points for it ! You could mention it now as PR application particularly asks for 10 years history.

Reactions: shagunsangwan

Karan22

May 28, 2017
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Thank you all for your replies and insights. All the best to everyone.

@shagusangwan, Lots of good luck to you also bro, hope we both get through without any complication one way or another.
But I will strongly suggest you to please check your study visa form again, as there is a specific column for work experience there, maybe you left blank, because my form had this column. It will be great if you did not have any column or left it blank as then they cannot hold you accountable for that, because it is not mandatory there,

So if thats the case, I think you are good to go. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: shagunsangwan