+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent! Father name difference and sibling relationship proof

bharry0101

Nov 24, 2017
Hello,

I am applying after receiving ITA so requesting help soon.
I am submitting my sibling's Overseas Indian card (OCI) as a proof of my relationship with him. He is a Canadian passport holder.

Father's first name in all of my documents including my passport is Satyavan
While in my brother's documents (OCI and passport) it is Satyawan
The difference is V vs W

Surname and mother's name is same in both my and brother's documents.

I have 2 questions:
1. Is this father's first name difference significant difference for CIC, Should submit an affidavit stating its the same person? Should I submit similar affidavits made by my brother and father?
2. Is OCI card an acceptable document for sibling relationship proof?

Thanks for the help!

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
Anyone please help...
i GUESS providing affidavit is sufficient..in fact this is not a big term issue...proof of relationship is proven via certificated which has a common detail of ur father`s family tree like ur all sibling should be mentioned there..or birth certificate of u and ur bro are also adequate...

Reactions: bharry0101

Unaiza

Jan 28, 2018
Can I have a template of affidavit? Pardon me, I do not have any idea about such documents. I want to ask this question because my father's name on my passport contains a prefix "Shaikh" where as it is not there on all my educational documents. Kindly help me what should I do as I am planning to apply for ECA and immigration etc.

Raja82A

Nov 25, 2017
It should have your fathers both the names. Date of birth and you may include passport number.
Most important line it should say both the name are of your father.

bharry0101

Nov 24, 2017
I used below text and submitted my affidavit:

AFFIDAVIT

ONE AND THE SAME PERSON

I, the undersigned, <Name>, holder of <Country> Passport Number XXXXXX do hereby solemnly affirm and declare on oath that:

1. I am the deponent herein and a citizen of <country>.

2. I was born on <bday> in <location>

3. My brother is <name>, a holder of Canadian Passport Number: XXXXXX, and Overseas Citizen of India Card Number: XXXXXX

4. As a proof of our sibling relationship, I am submitting my Passport and my Brother’s Overseas Citizen of India Card to apply for my Canadian Permanent Residence

5. In my Passport ‘Name of Father’ is mentioned as <Name> and, in my brother’s Overseas Citizen of India Card ‘Name of Father’ is mentioned as <Name>

6. In my Passport ‘Name of Mother is mentioned as <Name> and, in my brother’s Overseas Citizen of India Card ‘Name of Mother’ is mentioned as <Name>

7. Therefore, the names <father name1> and <father name2> refer to the one and the same person. And the names <mother name1> and <mother name2> refer to the one and the same person.

So, I do hereby solemnly affirm that foregoing statements are true and correct. Hence this affidavit.

Place: XXXXXXX Deponent: <My name>
Date: XXXXXX

Reactions: Jeet221990

Unaiza

Jan 28, 2018
Many thanks for the above specimen. :) I emailed this issue to other bodies including IQAS and got replies from them that as far as my name is consistent through out my documents there won't be any issue but IQAS didn't give me any relevant reply. They'd just sent me some screenshot of their website where difference in applicant's name was discussed.

khalidr

Star Member
May 29, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Guys, any update with the above situation ? I am in the same problem, trying to claim points from my sibling in Canada, but there is a difference of our father and mother's name in both our passport and birth certificate. Will notarised affidavit work ?

bharry0101

Nov 24, 2017
Guys, any update with the above situation ? I am in the same problem, trying to claim points from my sibling in Canada, but there is a difference of our father and mother's name in both our passport and birth certificate. Will notarised affidavit work ?
I got my COPR so I can safely say that my template above worked for my case

Last edited:

Preet0803

May 17, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hi all...
My real sister is PR in Canada. I am also planning for it and want to include the blood relation sibling points in my profile. but there is an issue as my mother name (Sukhjinder) is correct in my sister's document but in my educational or experience or id proof documents, it is Sukhwinder except in my birth certificate. Would the same name affidavit be sufficient for it or i have to take some other measures?? and when i m fillng the family details for EE, which name should I mention? i.e name as per my records or the correct name ? Pls help..

subodhgoyal

Jul 12, 2018
I used below text and submitted my affidavit:

AFFIDAVIT

ONE AND THE SAME PERSON

I, the undersigned, <Name>, holder of <Country> Passport Number XXXXXX do hereby solemnly affirm and declare on oath that:

1. I am the deponent herein and a citizen of <country>.

2. I was born on <bday> in <location>

3. My brother is <name>, a holder of Canadian Passport Number: XXXXXX, and Overseas Citizen of India Card Number: XXXXXX

4. As a proof of our sibling relationship, I am submitting my Passport and my Brother’s Overseas Citizen of India Card to apply for my Canadian Permanent Residence

5. In my Passport ‘Name of Father’ is mentioned as <Name> and, in my brother’s Overseas Citizen of India Card ‘Name of Father’ is mentioned as <Name>

6. In my Passport ‘Name of Mother is mentioned as <Name> and, in my brother’s Overseas Citizen of India Card ‘Name of Mother’ is mentioned as <Name>

7. Therefore, the names <father name1> and <father name2> refer to the one and the same person. And the names <mother name1> and <mother name2> refer to the one and the same person.

So, I do hereby solemnly affirm that foregoing statements are true and correct. Hence this affidavit.

Place: XXXXXXX Deponent: <My name>
Date: XXXXXX
Hi, could you clarify couple of points - a) Did you get this affidavit notarized?, b) How different were your parents names in your vs your brothers IDs (e.g., spell difference or surname missing, etc.)?

Thanks a ton.

kalani123

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Hi, could you clarify couple of points - a) Did you get this affidavit notarized?, b) How different were your parents names in your vs your brothers IDs (e.g., spell difference or surname missing, etc.)?

Thanks a ton.
Hi,

Same boat. Any info you got? Please suggest.

My passport has father name with surnames, brother passport has only fathers first name.
Similary birth certificate has intial of my father in his name, my brother has only father first name.

Confused. Thanks.