+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT EXPERT ADVICE NEEDED: Can a SW move freely from Quebec to Ontario?

JackH

Jun 29, 2013
Hello everyone.

I have seen a similar question posted on many forums but, somehow, different people seem to have different answers. Here it goes:

I have been accepted as a Skilled Worker. I had originally applied to Quebec (got a CSQ) and landed recently in Quebec with the intention of settling there. I gave a relative's Quebec address and received my PR card and my SIN. I did not get a Health card.

I then left Canada to finish some business for 3 months, and will now be going back for good.

In the mean time, I have tried to apply to jobs online, and it appears as though Ontario has 3 times more job opportunities as Quebec and that the jobs are better paid.

I would like to know if I can just move to Ontario and search for job opportunities there, or if I am obligated to remain in Quebec for some period of time.

Thank you

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Couldn't you live in Gatineau, QC and commute to work in Ottawa, ON? This way you won't have a problem.

JackH

Jun 29, 2013
I could of course, but that would mean looking for jobs only in Ottawa. That is an option and thank you for pointing it out, but the Greater Toronto Area has many more jobs to offer.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Just adding that greater toronto area or ottawa might be proportionally expensive in terms of rentals, insurance costs etc. compared to quebec