+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent : Do I need hard copy of the Offer letter ??

dsan_01

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
I got offer letter in mail from Concordia University. I am confused if I need to have hard copy of the original offer letter when land in Canada or to apply Visa at consulate. Consultant is saying there is no need. Would appreciate if I can get answer here.

The excerpt on the soft copy says "
Acceptance letters are sent by regular post and electronically as a PDF attachment. International students may use the PDF version of their letter to begin the application process for their Study Permit. Visa preparations for International applicants can take up to three months. International delivery may take from 6 to 8 weeks. Should you wish to arrange for express delivery at your expense from your country, please send your request by email at courierletter@concordia.ca"

My address is little wrong on the letter so if I need it, I have to contact university for the same.

MFAhad

Dec 16, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
29-01-2014
Passport Req..
Submitted With Application
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2014
Same problem happened with Ghufrankhan here. He submitted the color print out of his LOA for visa. Have you got your CAQ?

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
dsan_01 said:
I got offer letter in mail from Concordia University. I am confused if I need to have hard copy of the original offer letter when land in Canada or to apply Visa at consulate. Consultant is saying there is no need. Would appreciate if I can get answer here.

Acceptance letters are sent by regular post and electronically as a PDF attachment. International students may use the PDF version of their letter to begin the application process for their Study Permit. Visa preparations for International applicants can take up to three months. International delivery may take from 6 to 8 weeks. Should you wish to arrange for express delivery at your expense from your country, please send your request by email at courierletter @ concordia.ca"

My address is little wrong on the letter so if I need it, I have to contact university for the same.
You can take color printout of your LOA which is send to you by your university. You can use that color printout to apply for your VISA and also to bring it with you to Canada to show it to immigration officer.

MFAhad

Dec 16, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
29-01-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2014
usman_14pk said:
You can take color printout of your LOA which is send to you by your university. You can use that color printout to apply for your VISA and also to bring it with you to Canada to show it to immigration officer.
Can we apply with any University's LOA colored print out or this is only for Concordia as its mentioned in the Concordia'a LOA that we can use the electronic copy to apply for visa.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you apply online you , of course, will attach a scanned copy. If you apply on paper -not sure, so look into the Guide. BUT you will have to have a hard copy of acceptance letter when you are landing.

dsan_01

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Thanks for the responses. Appreciate that.

@Regina
So I need original hard copy (not the color print of pdf) issued by Concordia to show to the Immigration Officer at Montreal.

@MFahad
I have applied for CAQ day before yesterday. Thinking whether to ask Concordia to send the letter through courier or not.

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
dsan_01 said:

Acceptance letters are sent by regular post and electronically as a PDF attachment. International students may use the PDF version of their letter to begin the application process for their Study Permit. Visa preparations for International applicants can take up to three months. International delivery may take from 6 to 8 weeks. Should you wish to arrange for express delivery at your expense from your country, please send your request by email at courierletter @ concordia.ca"

I had a similar problem and i applied for CAQ with the colored copy and thanks to Allah i got CAQ without any problem. Actually more than 3 months have gone by i still do not have a a hard copy of it, the reason they tell is that YOUR HOME IS NOT REACHABLE (God knows why :mad: :mad:) so i have also applied for visa with this colored copy because one of my friend who luckily got his hard copy told me there is no difference between the two as the hard copy is a printed version of it.
Hope u get your courier on time.

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
Regina said:
If you apply online you , of course, will attach a scanned copy. If you apply on paper -not sure, so look into the Guide. BUT you will have to have a hard copy of acceptance letter when you are landing.
Who told u about that??

I had a similar problem and i applied for CAQ with the colored copy and thanks to Allah i got CAQ without any problem. Actually more than 3 months have gone by i still do not have a a hard copy of it, the reason they tell is that YOUR HOME IS NOT REACHABLE (God knows why Angry Angry) so i have also applied for visa with this colored copy because one of my friend who luckily got his hard copy told me there is no difference between the two as the hard copy is a printed version of it.

So r u sure that hard copy is necessary to get into premisses??

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Ghufrankhan said:
Who told u about that??

I had a similar problem and i applied for CAQ with the colored copy and thanks to Allah i got CAQ without any problem. Actually more than 3 months have gone by i still do not have a a hard copy of it, the reason they tell is that YOUR HOME IS NOT REACHABLE (God knows why Angry Angry) so i have also applied for visa with this colored copy because one of my friend who luckily got his hard copy told me there is no difference between the two as the hard copy is a printed version of it.

So r u sure that hard copy is necessary to get into premisses??
If ur letter of acceptance is digitally signed by registrar of UNI then i dont think there is anything to be worried about, at POE Immigration Officer can verify ur eligibility by calling ur UNI, therefore I think colour print out is enough, but it should be digitally signed ok

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
sharjeel91 said:
If ur letter of acceptance is digitally signed by registrar of UNI then i dont think there is anything to be worried about, at POE Immigration Officer can verify ur eligibility by calling ur UNI, therefore I think colour print out is enough, but it should be digitally signed ok
Yes it is. I will also ask my university about this.

MFAhad

Dec 16, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
29-01-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2014
itstime said:
I printed the pdf, turned up at the border, job done.
And did you do the same for your visa?

gkb8062

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dsan_01 said:

its always advisable to having a HARD COPY of OFFER LETTER to minimize the consequences at the POE.
but now so far i came to notice that college under SPP application to Indian students never send any hard copy, as i have asked some Indian applicants that did they got hard copy and all applicants said NO.

not sure but you should communicate with college to cross verify that is HARD COPY requited at POE or just printed copy will work out..

tc..