+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[URGENT] Do I have to landing at the first time entering CANADA ?

salvatorexiang

Jun 14, 2017
Hello,

I received my COPR today. I currently have work permit, valid temporary residence visa, COPR and the one time PR visa.

Question is, do I have to landing and confirm to become PR next time I entering Canada ? I will have a trip next week, and another trip in Dec. Considering PR card waiting time is 2 month +, I want to landing after I come back from my second trip.

So is it possible I still entering Canada with work permit and temporary residence visa ?

Thanks

magesh1988

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
Hello,

I received my COPR today. I currently have work permit, valid temporary residence visa, COPR and the one time PR visa.

Question is, do I have to landing and confirm to become PR next time I entering Canada ? I will have a trip next week, and another trip in Dec. Considering PR card waiting time is 2 month +, I want to landing after I come back from my second trip.

So is it possible I still entering Canada with work permit and temporary residence visa ?

Thanks

Are you referring trip as going outside canada?

magesh1988

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
Hi,

If you leave the country and come back , they will do the PR stamping for you.
You will have to wait for 2 months to get your PR card and then plan for your second trip.

salvatorexiang

Jun 14, 2017
Hi,

If you leave the country and come back , they will do the PR stamping for you.
You will have to wait for 2 months to get your PR card and then plan for your second trip.
Thanks for your reply. I am referring to trips outside of Canada.

Are you saying once I come back from the first trip, I HAVE TO confirm to become PR ? Can I just use my work permit and temporary residence visa to get in and do landing later ?

Cheers.

magesh1988

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
Thanks for your reply. I am referring to trips outside of Canada.

Are you saying once I come back from the first trip, I HAVE TO confirm to become PR ? Can I just use my work permit and temporary residence visa to get in and do landing later ?

Cheers.

Yes, one of my friends tried to do the same. But they saw the one time landing immigration stamped in the passport .
Seeing that, they asked for the COPR and got stampped for landing.

Thanks

Visitor89

Star Member
Dec 16, 2016
Hello,

Thanks
I'm in a similar situation, were you able to find a way out?

chardys

Feb 1, 2017
California, USA
I was able to enter Canada as a temporary visitor with an eTA after getting CoPR, without landing (I don't currently live in Canada and plan to land next spring). They didn't even ask me about the CoPR. But the situation may be different for those already in Canada with a permit, so I can't guarantee it for you...