+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent DL

Kodial

Jun 7, 2012
Hi

Would appreciate if someone could let me know how fast can I convert my Dubai DL to get the Canadian one ? I'll be here in Canada for a couple of weeks, will that be enough to apply and get a Canadian DL. I'm currently based in Cambridge, ON. I have been driving in Dubai for the past 10-12 years.

Thanks in advance for the replies...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Kodial said:
Hi

Would appreciate if someone could let me know how fast can I convert my Dubai DL to get the Canadian one ? I'll be here in Canada for a couple of weeks, will that be enough to apply and get a Canadian DL. I'm currently based in Cambridge, ON. I have been driving in Dubai for the past 10-12 years.

Thanks in advance for the replies...
Well since you can't exchange a Dubai DL for a Ontario one directly it won't be done on a urgent basis. If you can prove more that 2 years

"If you want to earn credit for more than one year of driving experience, you will also need an official letter from the foreign government or agency that issued the driver’s licence, confirming that the licence is authentic. This letter needs to be written in English or French. "

" 2+ year driving experience (no exchange)

When you apply for an Ontario driver’s licence, you need to:

take a written test about rules of the road and traffic signs
take an eye test

After you pass the written and eye tests, you need to take one road test (G2 road test). You can book the G2 road test right away.

fukrey

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Hi,

look out for bhaktiujjwal's post, it says one can directly give a G test with the said letter..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t131804.0.html

and as PMM said G2 test can be booked without any wait, so that's always there..

Kodial said:
Thanks for the response PMM