+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Did have mail-envelope of an SPE in Canada a mention '"not to forward"?

Stone2000

Jul 23, 2015
I need a urgent information from someone who already receipt a Study Permit or Work Permit Extension by post mail in Canada.

Can you say me if the envelop of the mail whit your SPE had a mention like "do not forward" ?
(I had moved on 1 July and transmit my new adress to CIC on 2 July, but it was too late and my SPE had been sended it in my old address. I have a mail forwarding service, but if the envelop have a mention "not to forward", that doesn't work.)

Also, What was the delay between e-mail confirmation from CIC and your reception ?
(I'll try to take an arrangement with my ancient post office.)

Thank you by advance, I'm very worried because my new SP is maybe lost.

Stone2000

Jul 23, 2015
Re: Urgent - Did have mail-envelop of an SPE in Canada a mention '"do not forward "?

Sorry for these "up", but I realy need of a response before the week-end, because if the envelop have a mention like "not to forward" i have to ask a copy of my SP and this take a month... (And my master begins on 24 August. :()

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
Re: Urgent - Did have mail-envelop of an SPE in Canada a mention '"not to forward "?

Hi,

I just checked the envelope I received my last study permit extension in from and it did not have the "Do Not Forward" label. However, this was back in October 2014 so things could be different now. Hopefully someone who received their new permit recently might be able to answer. I am expecting my new extended permit soon but it was just approved on July 27th so I won't get it in the mail at least until next week to see if the envelope is different now.

In any case, you should have an online letter in you CIC account that mentions your approval. You can probably take that to your school and I am sure they will try to accommodate you until the actual permit arrives in the mail if there is some issue.

Stone2000

Jul 23, 2015
Re: Urgent - Did have mail-envelop of an SPE in Canada a mention '"not to forward "?

Hi Samrock,

Thank you very much ! (and sorry for my English :)) Your response reassure me much, although things may have changed since October 2014. I read in one forum that certains mail from CIC (but for RP's) had this mention "not forward", which explains my concern. So, I have called CIC today but the agent confirm me that the mail was send in the old address, and say me that if it was lost, my only way for a new document was to send a demand of copy to Toronto, with a response on september. So I was afraid that my studies and also my vacancies in Europa be compromised. But this is probably an irrational fear... I hope.

To answer your question (if you are curious) : indeed, I have a mail from CIC with the reference of my new SP, and my last SP is valuable until 2018. But it was not a classical SPE : I asked for change the conditions of my SP : the last wast limited to one Cégep and with the new I will study in Laval University. (I think that a new SP was not necessary for that, but I understand it too late : my ask was mailed). Now, the new SP is approved and so, I think, the old is no more valid. But I wrote to the immigration advisor of my University today, for ask if a late presentation of my new SP was a problem. I also call the post of my last adress, and they are ok to don't refund and keep my letters this week if one of its have the mention "not forward". It may seem excessive, but I prefer to do too much than not enough. Thank you for the hopes that you have send to me, and a good night to you.

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
Hi,

I just got my updated permit in the mail and it does not have the "Do not Forward" label. Hope this helps.