+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Destination Alberta but breaking journey in Quebec.

dsan_01

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
My parents were sponsored by my brother (living in Alberta) and they got their PR.
Now they are coming to Canada but instead of going directly to Alberta, they are going to break the journey in Quebec.
Its like Delhi - Quebec (stay for 20days) - Alberta.

Now my query is, will there be any issues with their landing. They need to complete all landing formalities.
Should I change their itinerary to avoid any misadventures ?

They are doing journey break in Quebec because I stay here and they want to spend sometime with us.

Cvstos

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IIRC, Quebec WILL hassle you. You have to prove your intent not to stay in Quebec, and I'm not sure what the standards are for that. I'd change the itinerary to land in a different province, then carry on into Quebec via road after landing for the visit (they can't hassle you then). ANY other province won't give you crap, it's just landing as normal. Quebec is weird, though.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
dsan_01 said:
My parents were sponsored by my brother (living in Alberta) and they got their PR.
Now they are coming to Canada but instead of going directly to Alberta, they are going to break the journey in Quebec.
Its like Delhi - Quebec (stay for 20days) - Alberta.

Now my query is, will there be any issues with their landing. They need to complete all landing formalities.
Should I change their itinerary to avoid any misadventures ?

They are doing journey break in Quebec because I stay here and they want to spend sometime with us.
They might briefly hassle, but really as a PR you can go to whatever province you want. Quebec is weird, but if they just show their flight reservations to Alberta 3 weeks later it may not be an issue. Just prepare them that they might get hassled a little bit and have their onward travel information readily available to show customs and immigration at arrival.

dsan_01

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Thanks Guys. My brother checked with CIC helpline and they say no issues. I checked online and its mentioned that you need to show onward journey tickets. But would be great if I get some info from somebody who had gone through this situation.

I know I mis-planned it and only focussed that they should come and enjoy summer of Quebec before going to Alberta. Now I am praying that they should not get into bad situation specially with less informed immigration officer.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
It should be fine. Just prepare them that they may get a little bit of issue but stand their ground and have onward flight ready to show. Enjoy your time with them!

dsan_01

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Guys just one more query !

Is it advisable to bring documents that shows information about various properties and bank accounts/money one have in India.
Somebody advised us to bring all this details and pass it on to the authorities in Canada so that if later one sells something back in India, then Canadian govt will not create any issues against the money brought to Canada.

Please let me know your thoughts and also clarify where and when to submit this information ? After landing at Airport or later on at any time with any specific canadian govt authority?

Thanks in advance

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
dsan_01 said:
Guys just one more query !

Is it advisable to bring documents that shows information about various properties and bank accounts/money one have in India.
Somebody advised us to bring all this details and pass it on to the authorities in Canada so that if later one sells something back in India, then Canadian govt will not create any issues against the money brought to Canada.

Please let me know your thoughts and also clarify where and when to submit this information ? After landing at Airport or later on at any time with any specific canadian govt authority?

Thanks in advance
I have never heard that, but also my spouse didn't have any land that we would need to sell... You're probably better off making a new thread to ask this question so more people can see it. It might be missed by someone with the answer being hidden in this thread.