+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT Denied Entry into Canada

mclmatt

Mar 2, 2017
Hi all, so my girlfriend is in a bit of an awkward situation. My girl friend studied in Canada for 4 years (university) using a student visa, which expired in September 2016. She graduated university in June 2016 and got a post graduate work permit for 3 years, she haven't found a job since graduation. In the end of January she went back to china to see her parents, not knowing that the student visa was already expired..... now she is stuck in China and since she cannot provide any employment detail and such she cannot apply for a work visa from China.... What would be the quickest way for her to re-enter Canada? since her plane ticket expires end of this March.

TL;DR: My girlfriend now has expired student visa, HAVE a post graduate working permit, never worked in Canada(so cant get work visa from China). What can she do to re-enter Canada.

Raj2014

Sep 13, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
12-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-05-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
May 9 2014
Med's Done....
May 23 2014 / IP Sep 2 2015 / DM Sep 18 2015
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
Oct 10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 11 2015
LANDED..........
Dec 15 2015 / Already in Canada Since 2010 as Student & Worker ...Now PR
mclmatt said:
Hi all, so my girlfriend is in a bit of an awkward situation. My girl friend studied in Canada for 4 years (university) using a student visa, which expired in September 2016. She graduated university in June 2016 and got a post graduate work permit for 3 years, she haven't found a job since graduation. In the end of January she went back to china to see her parents, not knowing that the student visa was already expired..... now she is stuck in China and since she cannot provide any employment detail and such she cannot apply for a work visa from China.... What would be the quickest way for her to re-enter Canada? since her plane ticket expires end of this March.

TL;DR: My girlfriend now has expired student visa, HAVE a post graduate working permit, never worked in Canada(so cant get work visa from China). What can she do to re-enter Canada.

She will need TRV to get in Canada.

She has post graduate work permit so Canada embassy has to issue her TRV....

More info. here

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/China/english/index.html

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Student visa irrelevant now if understand correctly she has a PGWP so just needs a TRV to travel. Also as she has a PGWP there is no requirement to ever work with a PGWP so not sure what that comment refers to as she has a work permit in the PGWP already so dors not need to apply for a work permit if having a PGWP already.

mclmatt

Mar 2, 2017
Bs65 said:
Student visa irrelevant now if understand correctly she has a PGWP so just needs a TRV to travel. Also as she has a PGWP there is no requirement to ever work with a PGWP so not sure what that comment refers to as she has a work permit in the PGWP already so dors not need to apply for a work permit if having a PGWP already.
Hi Thank you for the reply, currently she is in China all she has to do is contact the Canadian consulate in China to get the TRV? and she would be able to come back to Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mclmatt said:
Hi Thank you for the reply, currently she is in China all she has to do is contact the Canadian consulate in China to get the TRV? and she would be able to come back to Canada?
No - she doesn't contact the Canadian consulate. She follows the instructions here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
mclmatt said:

She has to apply for entry visa as a returning worker. I know it is always better to apply in Canada before leaving. But let her try. She will get it.

Reactions: mirahe94