+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**Urgent Degree not received- Gradated in 2011- NEED TO APPLY FOR SP**

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
Hello Guys

I have to apply for study permit from India ASAP, I was wondering if anyone could advice me on this :-

The problem is that I have not received the Degree Certificate from my university yet. However I do have the Provisional Degree Certificate.
And the date on my Provisional Degree Certificate is April 09,2012 (obtained from my college).

I would also like you to know that when I visited my university to get the transcripts, I also enquired about my degree certificate and the university officials told me that it hasn't been printed yet and when I told them that I really need it on urgent basis, they instead provided me an another Provisional Degree Certificate dated Oct 29,2015 (obtained from university).

I have completed my Bachelor's in Technology(CS) in the year 2011 itself (2007-11) from Uttar Pradesh Technical University, which is now renamed to Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Techinical University. It's the biggest technical university in Asia and has over 800 colleges affiliated to it,each college has over thousands of students.
Since it's a public state university the system is real slow and it takes forever for them to have the Degree Certificate printed, specially for the students having backlogs (I had 8 but cleared them during my Btech degree period only, like gave 2nd semester back papers in 6th semester )

So honestly I'm not quite sure how long it will take for them to provide my Degree Certificate.

I have made several visits to the university, even filed RTI but no body has responded ever and all efforts have gone in vain.

So can I use the Provisional Degree certificate for my visa application ?

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
Your situation is very confusing. I don't think they would consider your Provisional Certificate as a proof of degree. Seems like your university doesn't want to honor your degree for some reason and that might be questionable to the officer. You need to provide solid and genuine documentation of your education background.

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
TempResident said:
Your situation is very confusing. I don't think they would consider your Provisional Certificate as a proof of degree. Seems like your university doesn't want to honor your degree for some reason and that might be questionable to the officer. You need to provide solid and genuine documentation of your education background.
I's not like they dont honor,if there was any such they would have not given me the provisional degree or the transcripts, it's just that they haven't printed the official degree yet.
I have mark-sheets which shows that I have cleared all the subjects during my degree period.
I have a letter from my college that states I have completed my Btech during 2007-11

rajveer14

Feb 18, 2015
don't worry at all. provisional degrees are as good as official degree. if you are specifically bothered attach a letter a explanation with your visa applicaion addressed to visa officer and mention why your degree is delayed.
better yet, if your university has online portal system for students where they can view/print their official degrees until the offical degree comes, then you can even submit it with your application. but only after getting it properly attested from notary public.

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
rajveer14 said:
don't worry at all. provisional degrees are as good as official degree. if you are specifically bothered attach a letter a explanation with your visa applicaion addressed to visa officer and mention why your degree is delayed.
better yet, if your university has online portal system for students where they can view/print their official degrees until the offical degree comes, then you can even submit it with your application. but only after getting it properly attested from notary public.
It just that my university gets degree printed from an out of state vendor and recently the vendor changed and they lost all the data, that's what my college guy told who visits to the university to get marksheets and degree of the students.

nope my university doesn't have any online portal, you just have to travel 500 miles and wait for 1 day just to get the provisional degree their system is real slow.

The reason of degree getting delayed is somewhat related to the backlogs, the students who didnt have any backlogs got their degree in time and the ones with backlogs havent got it yet.

rajveer14

Feb 18, 2015
so the only option left is provisional degree, i don't think if it is getting delayed,then to postpone your application filling. the early you apply the better. so in case of paper based application just attest the photocopy, or if online then scan it directly.

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
rajveer14 said:
so the only option left is provisional degree, i don't think if it is getting delayed,then to postpone your application filling. the early you apply the better. so in case of paper based application just attest the photocopy, or if online then scan it directly.
hmm yeah

heena1521

Aug 20, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
29-10-2020
kool.keith said:
No need to worry at all , you can apply with your provisional one, mine is also a distance school and i have applied with all my marksheets and provisional. You can also do the same. !

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
heena1521 said:
No need to worry at all , you can apply with your provisional one, mine is also a distance school and i have applied with all my marksheets and provisional. You can also do the same. !
OKay thank you very much guys

pawansh

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
DO we need original degree for ITA or provisional degree is sufficient