+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - daughter coming as permanent resident but without wife

ivkodrg

Jun 25, 2015
I got permanent resident status and entered Canada as landed emigrant on September 4th 2016. Right now, I am back to my work in Saskatchewan.
Same status was approved to my wife and daughter .The plan was that they come after New Year, because before there was longer time given to enter the Canada. This time our deadline to enter was November 25th, 2016.
In the meantime, my wife decide not to come at all, because she could not leave her job until November .On the other hand, my daughter still wants to come and we bought the plane ticket for October 4th.
Just want to double check there will no problems with Immigration because she is coming alone ? She was born on November 06, 1996.
Please advice ASAP, would like to act on time....
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Your daughter can come alone.

I would seriously suggest that your wife come with her and land as well. She can return home right away to wrap up her job and affairs. If your wife doesn't land before her COPR expires, you will need to sponsor her for PR later on.

ivkodrg

Jun 25, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Your daughter can come alone.

I would seriously suggest that your wife come with her and land as well. She can return home right away to wrap up her job and affairs. If your wife doesn't land before her COPR expires, you will need to sponsor her for PR later on.
THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR ANSWER.
Are you absolutely sure ? My lawyer was suspicious ? you know or did you hear some similar case ...
Once again, she will be 19 years and 11 months old at moment of entry...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ivkodrg said:
THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR ANSWER.
Are you absolutely sure ? My lawyer was suspicious ? you know or did you hear some similar case ...
Once again, she will be 19 years and 11 months old at moment of entry...
What do you think, she is too young or too old? At over 19, she is definitely not too young to travel alone. She is not a minor child in any province. As for too old, she got the PR visa and the PR visa is still valid so no, she is not too old.

As for your wife landing or not, the rules are that the principal applicant (you) must land either before or at the same time as other dependents. Since you have already landed, it is not important in which order your wife and daughter land.

I would also agree that your wife should make a short landing if possible. Otherwise you will have to apply to sponsor her and that can take a long time.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
What do you think, she is too young or too old? At over 19, she is definitely not too young to travel alone. She is not a minor child in any province. As for too old, she got the PR visa and the PR visa is still valid so no, she is not too old.
Perhaps she has some kind of disability that she cannot travel alone without her mother?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
Perhaps she has some kind of disability that she cannot travel alone without her mother?
That's not what he's saying though but if that is the case, he has two options. He can ask the airline to keep an eye on her as they would do with a minor child travelling alone or he can pay for a person who can travel with her as long as this person has or can get a TRV in order to enter Canada.

ivkodrg

Jun 25, 2015
foodie69 said:
Overprotective dad?
:p :p :p :p :p
No, she is just absolutely normal daughter...
My fear was that they both have to enter at the same time...
BTW Is thee any gilr's father that is not overprotective ????
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ivkodrg said:
:p :p :p :p :p
No, she is just absolutely normal daughter...
My fear was that they both have to enter at the same time...
BTW Is thee any gilr's father that is not overprotective ????
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Maybe you should make sure you buy two seats so she doesn't end up sitting next to some handsome young guy on the plane :p

True story, a female friend of mine was offered a job while sitting next to some guy on a plane. However, it turned out that the guy didn't really have a job, he just wanted to see her again :D

ivkodrg

Jun 25, 2015
Leon said:
Maybe you should make sure you buy two seats so she doesn't end up sitting next to some handsome young guy on the plane :p

True story, a female friend of mine was offered a job while sitting next to some guy on a plane. However, it turned out that the guy didn't really have a job, he just wanted to see her again :D
As long as she can come alone, I am fine...
Just want to avoid situation on border she has to be back, because mother did not show up at the same time...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ivkodrg said:
As long as she can come alone, I am fine...
Just want to avoid situation on border she has to be back, because mother did not show up at the same time...
No, that will not happen. After the principal applicant has landed, the others can land or not in any order they wish to. If they ask her about her mother at all, she can just tell the truth. Say that the mom could not come at this time, maybe she will land before her expiry or maybe she will not make it and have to be sponsored.

ivkodrg

Jun 25, 2015
Leon said:
No, that will not happen. After the principal applicant has landed, the others can land or not in any order they wish to. If they ask her about her mother at all, she can just tell the truth. Say that the mom could not come at this time, maybe she will land before her expiry or maybe she will not make it and have to be sponsored.
Thanks a lot, Leon, for your feedback..