+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - COPR Marital Status Error

javaw

Apr 26, 2022
Okay thank you so much! I am also very nervous right now and I have to travel in next 10 days. But hopefully I feel being honest will help me at the airport.
Hi, I'm in the same situation. My wife is Canadian and we got married during the PR process. I informed IRCC twice about the change in marital status but in my COPR still says single. I have a couple emails where IRCC acknowledge the reception of the documents to change marital status.

I just was wondering if you had any problems using the COPR with the wrong marital status when you landed?

Sona059

Aug 18, 2022
Hi,

I had no problem in using that COPR, if IRCC has confirmed the reception of documents that means they have made the changes in the system but it’s not reflecting in COPR. You can travel with the existing COPR, she should carry The print of emails where you informed about marital status change, reception email, wife’s passport and PR card print and marriage certificate print. The immigration officers will ask you again at immigration to confirm marital status please do not lie about being single, because the system is reflecting married status. Inform that you are married and you had informed twice about it, present all the prints, they’ll call senior immigration officer then he will check the documents and correct the COPR or just circle the marital status with a pen and they’ll let you enter Canada.

Reactions: javaw

Sona059

Aug 18, 2022
Hi,

I had no problem in using that COPR, if IRCC has confirmed the reception of documents that means they have made the changes in the system but it’s not reflecting in COPR. You can travel with the existing COPR, she should carry The print of emails where you informed about marital status change, reception email, wife’s passport and PR card print and marriage certificate print. The immigration officers will ask you again at immigration to confirm marital status please do not lie about being single, because the system is reflecting married status. Inform that you are married and you had informed twice about it, present all the prints, they’ll call senior immigration officer then he will check the documents and correct the COPR or just circle the marital status with a pen and they’ll let you enter Canada.

javaw

Apr 26, 2022
Hi,

Awesome! thank you for the reply...I was really nervous about this.