+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - COPR Marital Status Error

erinjanel

Jun 30, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen. My husband just received his COPR, and his marital status says “single,” when we informed IRCC during his PR application that we got married, and he provided them my passport. Can he still travel to Canada using this document, and inform CBSA of the error, since I’m Canadian? Does anyone have any information on this?

Any help is extremely appreciated.

Sona059

Aug 18, 2022
Hello everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen. My husband just received his COPR, and his marital status says “single,” when we informed IRCC during his PR application that we got married, and he provided them my passport. Can he still travel to Canada using this document, and inform CBSA of the error, since I’m Canadian? Does anyone have any information on this?

Any help is extremely appreciated.
Hey I am in exactly same situation, how did you correct it?

erinjanel

Jun 30, 2020
Hey I am in exactly same situation, how did you correct it?
Hello,

He travelled with the error on his COPR and the immigration officer fixed it when he landed in Canada! We had previously emailed my local MP’s office asking for advice and they reached out to IRCC who told us to use the COPR, and he also emailed another email he had for IRCC, and they advised the same.

We were extremely nervous but he was truthful with the immigration officer when he landed, and they fixed the error. My husband said it wasn’t a big deal at all, which was a huge relief.

Best of luck!

Sona059

Aug 18, 2022
Hello,

He travelled with the error on his COPR and the immigration officer fixed it when he landed in Canada! We had previously emailed my local MP’s office asking for advice and they reached out to IRCC who told us to use the COPR, and he also emailed another email he had for IRCC, and they advised the same.

We were extremely nervous but he was truthful with the immigration officer when he landed, and they fixed the error. My husband said it wasn’t a big deal at all, which was a huge relief.

Best of luck!
Okay thank you so much! I am also very nervous right now and I have to travel in next 10 days. But hopefully I feel being honest will help me at the airport.

Sona059

Aug 18, 2022
Hello,

Best of luck!
Please can you tell me what all documents was he carrying to fix this problem?

erinjanel

Jun 30, 2020
Okay thank you so much! I am also very nervous right now and I have to travel in next 10 days. But hopefully I feel being honest will help me at the airport.
Best of luck! I hope you have the same luck as my husband, if it is the only error I don’t see it being a problem. Please let me know how you make out at the border, and welcome to Canada in advance!

Sona059

Aug 18, 2022
Best of luck! I hope you have the same luck as my husband, if it is the only error I don’t see it being a problem. Please let me know how you make out at the border, and welcome to Canada in advance!
Ya ya it’s only the error, similar to your husband and they make this error with everyone whose spouses are Canadian PR holder. Please can you confirm the documents that was asked from your husband?

erinjanel

Jun 30, 2020
Ya ya it’s only the error, similar to your husband and they make this error with everyone whose spouses are Canadian PR holder. Please can you confirm the documents that was asked from your husband?
They didn’t ask him for any documents, but we may have a different situation than you because I am a Canadian citizen and he applied through Express Entry. I didn’t sponsor him.

Sona059

Aug 18, 2022
Heyy, It’s exactl
They didn’t ask him for any documents, but we may have a different situation than you because I am a Canadian citizen and he applied through Express Entry. I didn’t sponsor him.
hey, it’s exactly same like you. I applied through express entry and my husband is Canadian Resident. And he is not sponsoring me, but we informed IRCC for the sake of informing that m married and my marital status has changed from single to married, by providing documents I.e his PR card and Marriage certificate. But now my COPR says single only. What did your husband exactly told them, if you can tell that will help me? I am carrying webform and acknowledgment print, marriage certificate and my husbands passport and PR card xerox to provide for proof that we informed them.

erinjanel

Jun 30, 2020
Heyy, It’s exactl

hey, it’s exactly same like you. I applied through express entry and my husband is Canadian Resident. And he is not sponsoring me, but we informed IRCC for the sake of informing that m married and my marital status has changed from single to married, by providing documents I.e his PR card and Marriage certificate. But now my COPR says single only. What did your husband exactly told them, if you can tell that will help me? I am carrying webform and acknowledgment print, marriage certificate and my husbands passport and PR card xerox to provide for proof that we informed them.
He just told the immigration officer during the interview when he landed that his marital status should say married instead of single. He said they didn’t seem to care since I was a Canadian citizen. If you have proof that you advised IRCC of the marital change, that should also help.

Sona059

Aug 18, 2022
He just told the immigration officer during the interview when he landed that his marital status should say married instead of single. He said they didn’t seem to care since I was a Canadian citizen. If you have proof that you advised IRCC of the marital change, that should also help.
They didn’t issue a new COPR with the correction, or they let him inside on that single status?