+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT!!! - Confusion about email from IRCC

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Hello guys,

I received the following email from IRCC few minutes back. I hold a valid Canadian study permit and I am able to check the counterfoil status in my GCKey to be valid. I had my flights booked for an indirect route next week and I am paranoid and anxious after receiving this email. From what I read on the forum (@wonderbly) about similar situations, it shouldn't cause any issues/problem if I were able to travel to Canada before the expiry date which is still about two months from today.

However, I would appreciate your comments on whether I should be able to travel or this will require me to do a re-medical?

Subject: Renew your immigration medical examination results

Code:
La version française suit le texte anglais

If you are a representative, please let your clients know about this important information.

Your immigration medical examination results expire on September 17, 2021.
Please follow the latest public health COVID-19 measures, advice and restrictions in your area

July 28, 2021

Application number: Sxxxxxxxxx.

Dear Client,

You are receiving this email because our records at Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) indicate that:

you have been approved for a study or work permit;
you have a valid temporary resident visa (visitor visa) or an electronic travel authorization (eTA), and a letter of introduction/port of entry letter, and
your immigration medical examination results will expire on September 17, 2021.
To travel to and enter Canada, you must have valid immigration medical examination results if:

you come from a designated country/territory AND plan to stay in Canada for more than 6 months or
you plan on studying or working in health care, child or elder care, or primary or secondary education setting.
Only panel physicians can complete medical examinations and they are responsible for sending us your results. You will not be able to enter Canada unless you have valid immigration medical examination results. For your records, please request a printout of proof of your examination from the panel physician.

If you are traveling with family members who also require a medical exam, please make sure their medical exams are also valid.

To protect Canadians from COVID-19, travel restrictions are in place for individuals travelling to Canada. Even if you have a valid temporary resident visa or eTA, you may not be able to travel to Canada at this time. As the COVID-19 situation changes, we regularly update our website. To find the latest information before you make travel plans, and again before departing for Canada, to avoid being denied boarding or entry in Canada, please consult:

COVID-19: International students
COVID-19: Foreign workers

Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Thanks,
Sam

Last edited:
Reactions: RumezaJ

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
if you are travelling after ur medical expiry you need to redo your medicals, I imagine this is their sort of warning to let you know that your medicals on file are near expiry

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
if you are travelling after ur medical expiry you need to redo your medicals, I imagine this is their sort of warning to let you know that your medicals on file are near expiry
Thanks for responding. I am assuming the same. At least this what I was able to anticipate from the information present on: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare-arrival.html

I have my flight bookings in place for coming week, so I should have no issues in terms of travelling. I'm concerned about whether this email be causing any issues at the time of boarding/immigration.

Reactions: ayesha_llk2

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
Thanks for responding. I am assuming the same. At least this what I was able to anticipate from the information present on: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare-arrival.html

I have my flight bookings in place for coming week, so I should have no issues in terms of travelling. I'm concerned about whether this email be causing any issues at the time of boarding/immigration.
I understand, paranoia is at all time high especially considering the situation. But this should not be a problem, a document is either expired or its not. There is no gray area for it

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
I understand, paranoia is at all time high especially considering the situation. But this should not be a problem, a document is either expired or its not. There is no gray area for it
Yes, the stress level is at its peak especially after investing a year just to be able to travel and having spent hard earned savings. So, are you saying this is not a re-medical request but just an intimation that it expires soon? In that case, if I were able to travel next week, this shouldn't be a problem right?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello guys,

I received the following email from IRCC few minutes back. I hold a valid Canadian study permit and I am able to check the counterfoil status in my GCKey to be valid. I had my flights booked for an indirect route next week and I am paranoid and anxious after receiving this email. From what I read on the forum (@wonderbly) about similar situations, it shouldn't cause any issues/problem if I were able to travel to Canada before the expiry date which is still about two months from today.

However, I would appreciate your comments on whether I should be able to travel or this will require me to do a re-medical?

Subject: Renew your immigration medical examination results

Code:
La version française suit le texte anglais

If you are a representative, please let your clients know about this important information.

Your immigration medical examination results expire on September 17, 2021.
Please follow the latest public health COVID-19 measures, advice and restrictions in your area

July 28, 2021

Application number: Sxxxxxxxxx.

Dear Client,

You are receiving this email because our records at Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) indicate that:

you have been approved for a study or work permit;
you have a valid temporary resident visa (visitor visa) or an electronic travel authorization (eTA), and a letter of introduction/port of entry letter, and
your immigration medical examination results will expire on September 17, 2021.
To travel to and enter Canada, you must have valid immigration medical examination results if:

you come from a designated country/territory AND plan to stay in Canada for more than 6 months or
you plan on studying or working in health care, child or elder care, or primary or secondary education setting.
Only panel physicians can complete medical examinations and they are responsible for sending us your results. You will not be able to enter Canada unless you have valid immigration medical examination results. For your records, please request a printout of proof of your examination from the panel physician.

If you are traveling with family members who also require a medical exam, please make sure their medical exams are also valid.

To protect Canadians from COVID-19, travel restrictions are in place for individuals travelling to Canada. Even if you have a valid temporary resident visa or eTA, you may not be able to travel to Canada at this time. As the COVID-19 situation changes, we regularly update our website. To find the latest information before you make travel plans, and again before departing for Canada, to avoid being denied boarding or entry in Canada, please consult:

COVID-19: International students
COVID-19: Foreign workers

Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Thanks,
Sam
They are sending this automated message to every temporary residence applicant whose medical is expiring in 2021. As long as you travel ahead of its expiry, you have no problem. Your medicals is valid for 12 months from the day it was done.

Reactions: andrews17

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
They are sending this automated message to every temporary residence applicant whose medical is expiring in 2021. As long as you travel ahead of its expiry, you have no problem. Your medicals is valid for 12 months from the day it was done.
Thanks for your response. However, the email subject says "Renew your immigration medical examination results", wouldn't that be a problem in terms of immigration?