+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent... Confused about IELTS Academic or general,still no reply from visa off

Parfaitir

Dec 21, 2009
Dear All,

My status changed to "in process"; But the Visa office sent me request for additional docs. Our country has 2 languages, french and english. Because french is our first language, I explained it in a coverletter that we have some english courses at school. Although i sent that explanatory note, the visa office still request IELTS. We have contacted the local british council, and the next available sits for General IELTS is after the deadline given by the visa office. I don't know what to do. I have sent a mail to the visa office to know if i can have an additional time to submit IELTS. But till now, no reply from them.
My problem is that they stated in their courrier "If you do not submit all those documents, your application will be rejected". Can I go on for the Academic IELTS which is the only available test for Feb? I have heard that General training is rather suggested for FSW. What if my score is below (compared to what was written in the forms)???? What should I do? Note my status still " in process". Pls share... Thanks for your views and contributions

sheena21

Star Member
Nov 2, 2009
Parfaitir said:
Dear All,

My status changed to "in process"; But the Visa office sent me request for additional docs. Our country has 2 languages, french and english. Because french is our first language, I explained it in a coverletter that we have some english courses at school. Although i sent that explanatory note, the visa office still request IELTS. We have contacted the local british council, and the next available sits for General IELTS is after the deadline given by the visa office. I don't know what to do. I have sent a mail to the visa office to know if i can have an additional time to submit IELTS. But till now, no reply from them.
My problem is that they stated in their courrier "If you do not submit all those documents, your application will be rejected". Can I go on for the Academic IELTS which is the only available test for Feb? I have heard that General training is rather suggested for FSW. What if my score is below (compared to what was written in the forms)???? What should I do? Note my status still " in process". Pls share... Thanks for your views and contributions
Hi Parfaitir,
The General Training is required for immigration purposes. The Academic Training is only required for candidates who wish to study in English at an undergraduate or post-graduate level.

ha2922

Star Member
Sep 18, 2009
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2010
Doc's Request.
17-12-2009
Please go for IELTS general Training for immigration purpose...

Parfaitir said:
Dear All,

Parfaitir

Dec 21, 2009
I understand...
Pls advise what should I do?
- My status shows "in process"
- The visa office requested additional docs among which the IELTS is required
- Next availability for the general IELTS is after deadline of the visa office to submit
- The most approaching IELTS session is Academic
- In their letter they said, that all the docs are required by (- date)... I am confused, and I am affraid that they reject my application.
Pls advise on what to do - I am ???
A person said I should write academic, submit along with other documents. As academic is for undergrad and post-grad, I am effraid if my score is near to ZERO. Nota: French is my first language - They only asked me to submit IELTS and other docs
Thanks

deep9

Apr 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Firstly you need to check if any test center there has an earlier date available(even if you have to travel longer for that)
If that is not possible then you should contact the visa office and find if you can get an extension
If that is not possible, you could always send a cover letter, with the reason for not being able to submit the document, along with all the available documents and then when you get the result just send it over(this will cause some delay but will save you from rejection).

Also,I know there was someone on the forum who had given the academic test and was awarded 16 pts based on that. There is a post on that http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t19046.0.html;msg90452#msg90452

Seniors might have better suggestions for you.

Parfaitir said:
I understand...
Pls advise what should I do?
- My status shows "in process"
- The visa office requested additional docs among which the IELTS is required
- Next availability for the general IELTS is after deadline of the visa office to submit
- The most approaching IELTS session is Academic
- In their letter they said, that all the docs are required by (- date)... I am confused, and I am affraid that they reject my application.
Pls advise on what to do - I am ???
A person said I should write academic, submit along with other documents. As academic is for undergrad and post-grad, I am effraid if my score is near to ZERO. Nota: French is my first language - They only asked me to submit IELTS and other docs
Thanks

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
Parfaitir said:
Dear All,

Register for the next General Training IELTS. Send copy of the registration form to CIC with a cover letter asking for an extension for the deadline, stating the reason as there is no available slot within the timeframe set.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
[quote author=aspire.msg196482#msg196482 date=1262771196]
Register for the next General Training IELTS. Send copy of the registration form to CIC with a cover letter asking for an extension for the deadline, stating the reason as there is no available slot within the timeframe set. [/quote]

Perfect Answer to the OP's question/s.

nilsej

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Re: Urgent... Confused about IELTS Academic or general,still no reply from visa

I think Academic IELTS is fine. I have given that only and there was no delay in my case. So without delay just give your IELTS and submit the reports.

All the best.

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........

Better to give general Ielts, but academic Ielts is equally acceptable.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
For info only:

OP6, 10.6, page-20/21:
quote/
Note: For the IELTS reading and writing tests, there are ‘General Training’ and ‘Academic’ options. Only
the ‘General Training’ tests are accepted for CIC purposes.

unquote/

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010

Doglover said:
Better to give general Ielts, but academic Ielts is equally acceptable.
Only General is acceptad. Register your slot in next available & communicate it to CHC, they will definitely extend the date. Its a matter of 10-15 days only..