+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Clarifications before submitting PR Application

sumcando

Mar 16, 2019
Hello All

I am about to submit my PR application but I have some questions/concerns and wanted to get advise from members here

1. Reference Letter - I am unable to obtain reference letter as prescribed. However I have received a bonafide letter from the HR with my date of joining the firm, current designation, salary and deputation details. For Jobs’ Roles and Responsibilities, my manager has agreed to provide me a signed letter and his business card, however he is not authorised to use the company letterhead. My questions are :
  • Whether the 2 documents seem correct ?
  • Whether these 2 documents are sufficient proof of my employment ?
  • Do i need the letter by manager to be notarised - If not possible, what are my alternates?
2. Passport - Should we only upload the latest passport ? Any one who was asked to upload old/cancelled passports for any reasons?
3. Country of residence - My country of origin is different from country of residence - Is it required that appropriate visas for country of residence be also uploaded? Such as employment visa
4. Transcripts - Are we required to upload transcripts/marksheets for education ? I am uploading Degree Certificates, IELTS Score sheets and ECA report

Some of these questions might be repeated but it would be of immense help if experienced members can let me know their thoughts on this.

akkoajangajang

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
Nomination.....
30-01-2019
AOR Received.
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
12-04-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2019
LANDED..........
30-09-2019
Hello All

I am about to submit my PR application but I have some questions/concerns and wanted to get advise from members here

1. Reference Letter - I am unable to obtain reference letter as prescribed. However I have received a bonafide letter from the HR with my date of joining the firm, current designation, salary and deputation details. For Jobs’ Roles and Responsibilities, my manager has agreed to provide me a signed letter and his business card, however he is not authorised to use the company letterhead. My questions are :
  • Do i need the letter by manager to be notarised - If not possible, what are my alternates?
2. Passport - Should we only upload the latest passport ? Any one who was asked to upload old/cancelled passports for any reasons?

You need to upload only the passport that you will be using to travel. And only the pages that have entry/exit stamps to corroborate your travel history.

3. Country of residence - My country of origin is different from country of residence - Is it required that appropriate visas for country of residence be also uploaded? Such as employment visa

No. If you are providing proof of employment, it’s obvious that you’re legally employed.

4. Transcripts - Are we required to upload transcripts/marksheets for education ? I am uploading Degree Certificates, IELTS Score sheets and ECA report

No. Your ECA report will suffice because WES has already done their due diligence. If you’re concerned, you can add an LoE and offer to upload transcripts etc if required.

Some of these questions might be repeated but it would be of immense help if experienced members can let me know their thoughts on this.

Reactions: sumcando

akkoajangajang

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
Nomination.....
30-01-2019
AOR Received.
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
12-04-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2019
LANDED..........
30-09-2019
Two corrections/amendments to what I said above:

You need to upload only the passport that you will be using to travel. And only the pages that have entry/exit stamps to corroborate your travel history.
Edit: You also need the biographical and address pages, of course

No. Your ECA report will suffice because WES has already done their due diligence. If you’re concerned, you can add an LoE and offer to upload transcripts etc if required.
Edit: I just checked what I submitted and I actually did upload the degree certificate in addition to the ECA report. And for language, the language test report. I did NOT upload transcripts but told them I could do so should they require it in my LoE.

akkoajangajang

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
Nomination.....
30-01-2019
AOR Received.
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
12-04-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2019
LANDED..........
30-09-2019

sumcando

Mar 16, 2019
thanks - bumping this thread up so others can opine on it pls
pasting it here again so that members can read it directly without going through the thread

sumcando

Mar 16, 2019
@akkoajangajang

Can you also help with one more query?

In the work history section (and in express entry profile) I listed in Occupation form

Date XXXX XXXX first became qualified to practice in this occupation?
2012 October

Now for submitting PR application, in the Work history section I am only listing positions as below (both with the same NOC Codes, however multiple positions in the same company owing to promotion)
2014- Jul to 2017- Dec Manager
2018-Jan - Ongoing Senior Manager

Questions Below
1) Does the occupation start date (Oct 2012) need to be in sync with positions highlighted? Will it be a issue if I have reference letter only for the positions and tenure mentioned above?
2) In my express entry profile I had another position from Oct 2012 - Jun 2014, however I want to move that position to personal history as I am already qualifying with maximum number of points for foreign experience (3+ years) with above 2 listed positions (and also the manager when I was in that position has left the firm, so I am unable to obtain reference letter from him). This would mean that my express entry profile will not begin sync with my PR application - will that be an issue? Any thoughts?

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Responses are in 'red' text below:

@akkoajangajang

Can you also help with one more query?

In the work history section (and in express entry profile) I listed in Occupation form

Date XXXX XXXX first became qualified to practice in this occupation?
2012 October

Now for submitting PR application, in the Work history section I am only listing positions as below (both with the same NOC Codes, however multiple positions in the same company owing to promotion)
2014- Jul to 2017- Dec Manager
2018-Jan - Ongoing Senior Manager

Questions Below
1) Does the occupation start date (Oct 2012) need to be in sync with positions highlighted? Will it be a issue if I have reference letter only for the positions and tenure mentioned above?

The date listed above is not a 'occupation start date' but the date you became qualified to practice in your profession. This question is more critical for professionals (such as doctors, lawyers etc...) where they may not claim 'experience' in the NOC of their regulated profession prior to possessing the technical qualification. In case of conventional graduates, the said date is the date you graduate. So to answer your query, no - the dates you mentioned do not need to match.

2) In my express entry profile I had another position from Oct 2012 - Jun 2014, however I want to move that position to personal history as I am already qualifying with maximum number of points for foreign experience (3+ years) with above 2 listed positions (and also the manager when I was in that position has left the firm, so I am unable to obtain reference letter from him). This would mean that my express entry profile will not begin sync with my PR application - will that be an issue? Any thoughts?
Sure, you can do that. You should list only those jobs in your 'Work history' for which you wish to claim points for but all of your employment history should be covered in your 'Personal history' section. There will be no issue if the work history sections between your Express entry profile and your e-APR do not match - provided of course that all are accounted for.

Just for you to know, although 6 years of experience does not get you additional CRS points (vs. say 3 years), it does get you a few additional FSW grid points which are critical to some applicants.

Last edited:

sumcando

Mar 16, 2019
Responses are in 'red' text below:
Thanks @skape7. Helped a lot

Just to be clear on your last point - FSW grid points are required to be eligible to apply for PR whereas CRS is what gets you invitation to apply (post you are eligible for applying for PR), isn't it?

In that sense I do not need to think about FSW grid points now that I have an ITA and going for e-APR - is that right understanding?

If above is not the right understanding - will I be required to provide reference letters for at least 6 years ? (So as to be able prove my claim for maximum Grid Points to be eligible for applying for PR and then the reference letter for the claiming CRS ) -

I think I am confused by this now as I always thought that once your are eligible to apply for PR, CRS points take over FSW grid points. Once you enter the express entry pool and get an ITA, the application is only vetted on CRS points and not on grid points - Is that not the case?

Last edited:

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Thanks @skape7. Helped a lot

Just to be clear on your last point - FSW grid points are required to be eligible to apply for PR whereas CRS is what gets you invitation to apply (post you are eligible for applying for PR), isn't it?

In that sense I do not need to think about FSW grid points now that I have an ITA and going for e-APR - is that right understanding?

If above is not the right understanding - will I be required to provide reference letters for at least 6 years ? (So as to be able prove my claim for maximum Grid Points to be eligible for applying for PR and then the reference letter for the claiming CRS ) -

I think I am confused by this now as I always thought that once your are eligible to apply for PR, CRS points take over FSW grid points. Once you enter the express entry pool and get an ITA, the application is only vetted on CRS points and not on grid points - Is that not the case?
Depending on the stream (CEC/ FSW etc...) the applicant is invited under, he needs to meet the Minimum Entry Criteria (MEC) while entering the pool, while receiving the ITA and while submitting his e-APR. While reviewing Eligibility, the Case Processing Agent/ Visa Officer will review such criteria including both FSW points (that they are equal or higher than the 67 point threshold) and CRS score (which should be equa or higher than the CRS score for that round of invitations).
It may not be important in your case, but it is important for some who score just 67 points on the FSW grid (example; applicants who have lost points for age, and hence need to make up their score by showing additional work experience as FSW). If MEC is not met, the application is refused under A11.2.
I don't know your background details and only raised this because you mentioned that you are excluding some work experience that you previously listed in your EE profile. So, it wouldn't hurt to recalculate and ascertain that you score higher than 67 on the grid. If you already are certain, you can ignore it altogether.
Better to be safe than sorry! Good luck.